XF 14mm 2.8R lens question

donboys

When using my X-T1 with the 14 mm lens I don't see the manual focus indicator bar in either the view finder or LCD when in Manual focus (both camera and lens setting). The focus peak method seems to work, but I have no confirmation of actual focus. In the AF-S mode I see the indicator bar along with focus distance and depth of field on both the view finder and on the lcd.  I have the Setup menu set to display it in each. Am I missing something?

Mine does the same. 

What do you mean by "No confirmation of actual focus"?

In manual focus mode touching the AF-L button should focus on the particular focus spot. You should see a dot confirming focus and the linear scale showing the focus distance and range of focus (dof).  This is called One-Touch-AF. You can alter it with the manual focus dial. In Rico Pfirstinger's The Fujifilm X-T1 you can see a picture of the scale on the lcd on page 93. Next to MF there is a horizontal distance scale and a blue bar showing range of focus.  I'm missing this horizontal distance scale even though in the Screen setup menu I request it be shown.

The same distance scale is described on page 61 (Manual focus indicator) of the X-T1 manual.

The 14mm is one of the lenses with the manual focus mechanism where the focus ring is pulled back to enable manual focus. Fuji (in their wisdom) has disabled the focus distance display in the Viewfinder for these lenses. I presume it's because they can't accurately tell the focus distance when not in focus by wire mode. For manual focus with these lenses use the engraved focus distances on the lens barrel.