White bar flickering on the X-T2 EVF

Zen23

Hey,

during my first experience with my X-T2 I recognized the following (faulty) behavior today. In the moment of refocussing - after the camera released / took a photo - a white bar appears across the EVF for a very short time. I can't reproduce this behavior every time I'm refocussing. But it happens so often that it bothers me. At home I made a video by filming the EVF and the white bar / flickering. Beside the JPG I'm attaching you can take a look at the video saved as a GIF animation right here:

https://www.fuji-x-forum.de/uploads/monthly_06_2017/post-21741-0-49390300-1497198676.gif

Did you experience the same behavior? Should I send the camera to Fujifilm?

Thank you.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

you are the second member who reports a “ defect” that carries on to the second camera replaced by the shop.

I have no idea of what this might be BUT unless all the cameras are the same, the odds will be against this, then the  other possibility remains that since the two were different camera and you are the same person, that it is something that you do.

Not a criticism, but a simple deduction.

Found several users experiencing the same behavior. I'm not overstressing the camera. I'm not doing something exotic. The X-T2 should be able to refocus fast in single shot mode without a white bar flickering across the screen.

I don't get a white bar when the camera refocuses. The screen goes white and then the evf pops up again on my X-t2.. This happens for a second or so. I'm not sure what is going on? Does anyone have their evf screen go blank and then reappear. Is it suppose to be like this? Is this what they call shutter blackout?  This causes me to miss some some shots.

I guess it doesn't matter that much, because I don't shoot sports or moving objects, but if I did, it would really bother me.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...