Equipment storage

Bedside cabinet. X Pro 2 on top with a lens on (generally the 18mm f2, in case I want to use the camera indoors). My 3 other lenses in a drawer (23mm, 35mm and fisheye) together with batteries, charger and lens pen, and a soft lens pouch in case I don't want to use a camera bag but I do want to take a spare lens out with me, in my pocket. I have a couple of flashes and a wireless trigger in another drawer. My 2 camera bags (Billingham Hadley Digital and Billingham Hadley Small) are in a wardrobe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Warwick

Let's see......

I keep my camera and lenses on my desk in my office, easily accessible at all times around my iMac computer workstation.  I was keeping it all in an Amazon Basics backpack but in all honesty I could never find an accessory.  So, both the X-T1 and the 2 sit on my desk with body caps on as I never know which lens will strike my fancy, with all the lenses around the bodies.  I label the original lens caps with the lens it belongs to.  This only works often because when I know I'll be shooting outdoors, I remove the original lens caps, screw on 77mm step up rings for each lens that I'm taking, and then slap on a cheap, eBay 77mm lens cap.  This way 77mm filters can be swapped amongst any of lenses except the 60mm Macro.  

Since I'm now back up to owning seven bags, I throw in some small silica gel packs - a couple into each bag.  These silica gel packs you can by like one hundred for like $5.00 on Amazon.  And you can re-use them by heating them up in an oven.

The accessories such as remotes, filters, cleaning supplies, battery chargers, batteries and memory cards I keep in my Amazon basics backpack.  

When I shot Nikon gear, I kept all the bodies and lenses in a dry safe.  That is an expensive piece of gear but it kept the equipment securely locked up, and kept the humidity out - which can cause fungus and other problems.  I bought that from a Locksmith shop where the owner was retiring and I got a great deal on it.  I disposed of it (stupid me) when I unloaded all my Nikon gear for the Fuji.  I should have kept it to store my Fuji equipment as well. 

I don't mean to be nosy but do you put your lenses in something to keep them from falling? And do you have a charger station for batteries? That's really interesting about the step up rings. Makes sense. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to be nosy but do you put your lenses in something to keep them from falling? And do you have a charger station for batteries? That's really interesting about the step up rings. Makes sense. Thank you.

Hey there, my apologies for not responding sooner but I was down in the Keys shooting.  I do not keep them in anything when they are on my desk.  The desk back rests up against a wall so no danger of them falling.  I do not have a charging station.  I charge the batteries once I return from a session and they pretty much all stay charged.  The 77mm setup is pretty sweet.  One step up ring is cheap, the 77mm lens cap are even cheaper, this way you can swap filters amongst the different lenses and it works great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just assembled this so I am not fully moved in. Just about perfect dimensions.

Two Ikea CD storage units and doors from their bookshelves. You have to drill your own holes for the hinges but that was easy as the hinges can be installed on the door first for proper spacing.

I use one of the drawers of my Ikea PAX closet. I like this system, because it limits the risk of dropping something on the floor. It's about 50x60 cm, so enough space for my lenses, bodies and accessories. The only thing I can't store are lens hoods, they are such a pain... They sit in a shoe box somewhere.

I doubled the drawer with a thick felt dining set, that I cut to fit the drawer. For the lenses, I crafted some supports with cardboard and gaffer tape. These supports allow me to store the lenses horizontally, without them moving when I open/close the drawer!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...

I keep my X-100 spare batteries, SD cards & Nissin i40 in my Thinktank Suburban Disguise 10 as a 'go bag' ready for use. My X-Pro2 spare batteries, SD cards & Nissin i60 in my think tank suburban disguise 30 also as a 'go bag' ready for use.

The rest of my misc gear is in a Thinktank Urban Disguise 40 that i use to use with DSLR kit prior to moving on to Fuji.

All neat and tidy and secure.