Tethering in LR on Mac - do I have this right?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly and getting everything I can out of this software. Having to purchase an extra plugin and opening different windows just to take a picture makes this feel like something's not right.  I did watch the instructional video but it sort of stops right at the point where you start using the software.  I guess aside from the tether program acting completely disconnected from Lightroom, I can't get focus to work.

I'm on LR CC and have purchased the Fuji Tether Plugin Pro v 1.602.  My XT-2 is on FW 2.10. I open LR and start a new tethered session; File > Tethered Capture > Start new Tethered Capture.  I get a control window that pops up once it recognizes my camera and I can take pictures with the 'shutter' button.  These photos show up in my Library in LR.  

I can also go to my menu bar and select Show Fuji Tether Plugin Pro.  This brings up a window which, by default, is on Camera (USB) on the left and Preview on the right.  This view does absolutely nothing. I can select PC from the menu on the left which also at first does nothing until I select LIVE VIEW on the right.  Now I can see my camera and make some exposure adjustments.  So, when I want to view what my camera sees, I should not use the menu that says Camera and instead use PC.

What It seems I can not do is use the AF/MF Settings.  Once I turn on Focus Area, I can click in my frame to designate a focus area but that doesn't actually tell my camera to focus.  When I click on my shutter button, nothing happens. I can not take a picture with the AF/MF Settings turned on.  

In the Preferences for Fuji Tethered Plugin Pro, there's an option to "Specify action of clicking on the Live View window". The options are Move Focus Area, Instant AF, and Instant AF and Shoot. The first one is the only one that results in a proper action.

If I exit out of the Fuji Tethered Plugin Pro and just use the built in LR capture tool, my camera will focus as expected.  

Please let me know what things I'm getting wrong. All I want to do is see a large view of my subject, click to focus, and take a picture. I've spent too much time and money trying to make this work.

Edited by oxjox

• 2 months later...

Yup, I am having precisely the same experience with my X-T1 and the Pro plugin. I've submitted a support inquiry to Fujifilm, for what it's worth. If I figure anything out, I'll post it here. Very frustrating as basically my main reason for buying the Pro plugin in the first place was the ability to manually focus while looking at the PC live view.

Yup, I am having precisely the same experience with my X-T1 and the Pro plugin. I've submitted a support inquiry to Fujifilm, for what it's worth. If I figure anything out, I'll post it here. Very frustrating as basically my main reason for buying the Pro plugin in the first place was the ability to manually focus while looking at the PC live view.

I completely gave up on this. I've resorted to just plugging my camera in to an external monitor via the HDMI cable. It's not the most convenient or comfortable but at least it works.

• 1 month later...