Fuji 80mm macro and all rounder?

I purchased the 60mm about two months ago and I couldn't be happier!  It was a toss-up between the 56 (which I owned and returned), the 50mm F2, and the 60.  Since none of the other promised lenses are here, I chose to live with what is currently available.  I chose the 60mm and I couldn't be happier. Yes, it's slow, but it does find focus unlike my 56 1.2 that could not, and comparing the 60 2.4 to the 50 F2, the 60 to me, seemed like a better value since I was not only getting a nice portrait range (not that I shoot too many of those) but it also worked as a macro if only 1:2.  The price I paid (US479.00) couldn't be beat either. 

Since I purchased the 60mm I have used that sucker almost every time I've used my camera...  It's super tack sharp, bright, and so light I can just shove it in my pocket.

I purchased the 60mm about two months ago and I couldn't be happier! It was a toss-up between the 56 (which I owned and returned), the 50mm F2, and the 60. Since none of the other promised lenses are here, I chose to live with what is currently available. I chose the 60mm and I couldn't be happier. Yes, it's slow, but it does find focus unlike my 56 1.2 that could not, and comparing the 60 2.4 to the 50 F2, the 60 to me, seemed like a better value since I was not only getting a nice portrait range (not that I shoot too many of those) but it also worked as a macro if only 1:2. The price I paid (US479.00) couldn't be beat either.

Since I purchased the 60mm I have used that sucker almost every time I've used my camera... It's super tack sharp, bright, and so light I can just shove it in my pocket.

Interesting that you were having focussing problems with the 56, tell me more, what camera, situation etc

Certainly:  I was shooting three christenings/baptisms back to back in a church. Not your typical church, but a very modern one.  Huge skylights over the altar, and large open windows down each side.  There was no shortage of light, believe me.  For some reason the 56 1.2, which I picked up just for this event  either couldn't focus/kept hunting, or it was waaaay too slow.  I was using my X-T1, Auto ISO at around ISO 400 if I remember.  As I said it was a beautiful afternoon and the church was extremely well lit.  The 56 was slowing me down to the point where I swapped it for my 35 1.4, and my 18-55 and shot all afternoon with those two lenses.  It was extremely frustrating having the families standing there while the 56 1.2 decided whether it wanted to achieve focus or not.  So, next morning I returned it for a refund.  Now, I've talked to quite a few people who said it could have been a bad sample but I'm not so sure about that...  I was so disappointed I haven't even considered replacing it with another 56.  I skirt around it whenever possible, hence the decision between the 50F2 and the 60 2.4.  

I too will be looking forward to the 80mm.

Technically, at the same distance, it would have the same DOF has the 56mm. But since it's 80mm vs 56, you would have to step back for the similar framing. Which means your DOF will increase. 

Also, the 56 is a 56. It's going to offer a much different perspective compared to the 80. You'll be using them for different situations and looks. 

Clearly 1:1 will be better than my 60, but I was thinking the OIS and the shallower depth of field may make it a competitor for the 56mm for portraits, better bokeh maybe and from calcs the same depth of field as a 56 at f1.2 at 3m. Just hope it's not huge and heavy.