nikkor f-mount lenses

Iko

I come across a good offer for a Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 micro and a Vivitar auto macro 55mm f/2.8 both

Making some research for an adapter I see that there are many different acronym (nik, nik(G), nf) I am a bit confused.

Can you recommend some adapter for this two lenses? Maybe something cheaper than the 99 € metabones one.

I have a cheap (~50€) adapter with aperture ring, but of course you can also use lenses with their own aperture rings. But if you don't have any G-lenses just go for a regular adapter. Mine works totally fine.

I come across a good offer for a Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 micro and a Vivitar auto macro 55mm f/2.8 both

Making some research for an adapter I see that there are many different acronym (nik, nik(G), nf) I am a bit confused.

Can you recommend some adapter for this two lenses? Maybe something cheaper than the 99 € metabones one.

I have no-name nik adapter. Fuji mount is plastic, Nikon mount is metal. It is little longer than needed so my Ai-s lenses set to infinity are over-infinity. No a big deal. I just loose several close focus cm. Nevertheless I don't adapt G lenses to Fuji. If you do, I'd recommend to get a high quality converter from Metabones. Bad converter can damage the aperture pin. Don't forget to consider speedboosters. It's a cool but quite expensive thing. 

Thanks! Do you know wy there are so many acronyms then?

The only thing I understood so far is that the (G) version is for the lenses that haven't an aperture ring.

Nik stands for "Nikon"

Nik (G) is for G lenses

NF = "Nikon to Fuji".

You just need to decide weather you need aperture control (going to use G lenses) or not.

Thanks for the explanation, starting from scratch can be disorienting.

I have a cheap mondpalast adapter from m42 to fuji and didn't have any issue before with that.

Probably is a bit of a lottery game when comes to these kind of adapters, but I don't see the point in using an

adapter that costs 2 or 3 times the lens with which I will use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Kiwi adaptor for mine, since I have a huge collection of old Nikor, Kiron, and other random F-Mount lenses and it's fantastic really. I've even been playing with macro recently and using Ex Tubes and 2x teleconverters with it has worked out really well. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is a sloppy ex tube test shot 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note of warning with inexpensive adapters:  I just bought a Fotasy brand adapter for Nikon G/AI/F to Fuji-X and mounted my favorite Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 on it, and now the adapter is stuck on the lens. 

http://hiderefer.me/?http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/product.php?id_product=568

I'm afraid to mount it on the camera, lest it get stuck there as well.

Based on this one experience, which has left me quite frustrated, I'd say it's worth considering the higher quality adapters. 

• 4 weeks later...