I loaded X100F firmware 1.01 to solve my problem when using the Fuji remote app which caused the ISO setting to freeze.  The update only makes matters worse, now I am unable to use the Command dial to change the ISO setting at all.  When Command is selected for "Spanner"-..."ISO Dial Setting (A)", not only does the Command dial do nothing but also I am unable to change the maximum sensitivity of ISO 1, 2, and 3 settings.  This can only be done when AUTO is selected for the Command dial.  Fuji, you need to give us an update to fix 1.01.  Provided that one does not use the App, the X100F worked just fine on firmware 1.00. 

Here's another bug: switch to manual focus and use the optical viewfinder. Look through the viewfinder and repeatedly half-press the shutter. On my x100f, and on others, the focus indicator (on the scale at the bottom of the frame) shifts towards infinity with each half-press. The focus point isn't changing, but the indicator is.

Here's another bug: switch to manual focus and use the optical viewfinder. Look through the viewfinder and repeatedly half-press the shutter. On my x100f, and on others, the focus indicator (on the scale at the bottom of the frame) shifts towards infinity with each half-press. The focus point isn't changing, but the indicator is.

on mine (firmware 1.01) there is only a very very limited shift at each half-press ; I could not see a difference in behaviour depending on the different assistance modes.

on mine (firmware 1.01) there is only a very very limited shift at each half-press ; I could not see a difference in behaviour depending on the different assistance modes.

Yeah from what I'm reading the problem manifests in different ways for different people, and seems also to depend on other factors (one guy says he sees it only when the scene is bright).

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm.... I updated my firmware and have had no problems. I am really enjoying my X100F, as well as my other Fuji cameras.

That has been my experience. I have used the X100F extensively on the street and it works like charm and I do appreciate the firmware upgrade.

Cheers, Terry

X100F Album On Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/streetfusion/albums/72157677424474394

I recently got an X100F with the version 1.0 firmware, and set it up for the way I shoot street photographs: auto ISO; shutter 1/250s; aperture f/8; and manual focus distance set to hyperfocal distance - about 11feet (approx 3.4m).

Using the OVF, the focus distance marker nudged upwards every time I either pressed or half-pressed the shutter release. (This is on MANUAL focus - so pressing the shutter release should not change the focus distance at all.) This only happened with the OVF: the focus distance indicator on the EVF and LCD stayed in the chosen position.

I upgraded to latest firmware, and the problem is now even worse - in about five presses the distance indicator is nearly up to 15feet (about 4.5m)

Ummm.... I updated my firmware and have had no problems. I am really enjoying my X100F, as well as my other Fuji cameras.

That has been my experience. I have used the X100F extensively on the street and it works like charm and I do appreciate the firmware upgrade.

Hi guys

This issue happens only when using the OVF. Is that what you're doing when you see no issue?

No problem with mine either - using OVF and have tried various different permutations of settings. So it seems the fault isn't universal. (I updated the firmware as soon as I got the camera a few weeks ago, so not sure whether it had the fault with the original firmware.)

No problem with mine either - using OVF and have tried various different permutations of settings. So it seems the fault isn't universal. (I updated the firmware as soon as I got the camera a few weeks ago, so not sure whether it had the fault with the original firmware.)

Thanks for this. I think you're right that this problem is far from universal, which makes you wonder what the parameters are. (Components from a particular batch? Assembly in a particular plant?)

But I understand from Fuji Tech Support that the company is aware of the issue, and the Japanese engineers are working on a firmware fix. Let's hope Fuji gets the firmware update 1.02 out soon!

Edited by darti

Hi guys

This issue happens only when using the OVF. Is that what you're doing when you see no issue?

I tried it with the OVF and it seems to be fine - and I really tried to make it fail. That said I asked around and I have a couple of local friends who shoot with the X100F and they are saying the firmware update DID NOT fix the problem of the shifting focus point in manual focus with the EVF/OVF. We are going to compare all of our X100F settings over coffee - there might be something else factoring in.

Cheers, Terry

The same problem is happening with the X-Pro2, using the OVF - see the X-Pro2 forum, where there's quite a long thread on the matter. (Again, I'm lucky not to be affected, but it's clear that many X-Pro2 users are.) This should increase the sense of urgency for Fuji to find a fix.

...We are going to compare all of our X100F settings over coffee - there might be something else factoring in.

Thanks for the info, Terry. I'd be interested to hear if you identify other factors.

The same problem is happening with the X-Pro2, using the OVF - see the X-Pro2 forum, where there's quite a long thread on the matter. (Again, I'm lucky not to be affected, but it's clear that many X-Pro2 users are.) This should increase the sense of urgency for Fuji to find a fix.

Thanks for this - I'll go and have a look.

Edited by darti