X-T2 Picture Review won't go away

My X-T2 is displaying my shot on the LCD after each shot. The display says "OK Next." The image remains until I either press the OK button or half press the shutter.

It only happens if I shoot using the viewfinder. It does not happen if I shoot using the LCD.

I have Set Up - Screen Set Up - Image Disp. Set to Off.

Any ideas what is causing this behavior?

• 2 weeks later...

You are in double exposure mode.

Don't think that is the case this time.  I'm not in double exposure mode but it happens to me.  It simply is a quick preview (instant image review) of the image you just took, but it only shows up on the rear LCD, so you can keep shooting with the EVF and not be interrupted in the EVF with image review after you snap the pic.  It is to mimic a similar shooting experience to DSLR.

Double exposure is a different beast and good details are here -> https://fujifilm-blog.com/2014/03/27/get-creative-with-multiple-exposures/

Edited by Adam Woodhouse

Its an additional EVF/LCD mode, you can change back to the way you are used to.

Interestingly as you get to know this new mode its actually quite cool.

Basically teh way it works is turn camera on, LCD will be on and show you the live view. Bring camera to eye, remove camera from eye LCD still in live-view. All is good and as before. 

Put camera back to eye EVF switches on, take a shot, remove from eye, low and behold automatic picture review with option to click OK. However and this is where it get interesting, put camera back to ey and EVF turn on automatically and you can carry on taking pictures until you again remove the camera from you eye and it will automatically show you the last picture on the LCD again in preview mode. Its basically an auto-chimping mode. Basically with this mode you shoot with EVF until you think you have a keeper and when you remove camera from your eye it automatically presses the play button for you, if your keeper turns out not to be sharp, put camera back to eye and carry on shooting, rinse repeat. I like using this mode with preview turned off (0 Secs) as then I get uninterrupted shooting through EVF, but if I want to check I just pull camera away from my face.

Its great though because the whole time the camera is at your eye you can shoot seamlessly it will not stop you taking a shot, which is what annoyed me at first because I kept hitting okay before putting it back to my eye because that is what the screen told me to do, but its unnecessary, you only need to hit okay if you want to go back to live view on the LCD.

Edited by gordonrussell76

Its an additional EVF/LCD mode, you can change back to the way you are used to.

Interestingly as you get to know this new mode its actually quite cool.

Basically teh way it works is turn camera on, LCD will be on and show you the live view. Bring camera to eye, remove camera from eye LCD still in live-view. All is good and as before. 

Put camera back to eye EVF switches on, take a shot, remove from eye, low and behold automatic picture review with option to click OK. However and this is where it get interesting, put camera back to ey and EVF turn on automatically and you can carry on taking pictures until you again remove the camera from you eye and it will automatically show you the last picture on the LCD again in preview mode. Its basically an auto-chimping mode. Basically with this mode you shoot with EVF until you think you have a keeper and when you remove camera from your eye it automatically presses the play button for you, if your keeper turns out not to be sharp, put camera back to eye and carry on shooting, rinse repeat. I like using this mode with preview turned off (0 Secs) as then I get uninterrupted shooting through EVF, but if I want to check I just pull camera away from my face.

Its great though because the whole time the camera is at your eye you can shoot seamlessly it will not stop you taking a shot, which is what annoyed me at first because I kept hitting okay before putting it back to my eye because that is what the screen told me to do, but its unnecessary, you only need to hit okay if you want to go back to live view on the LCD.

Great spot to new feature (Auto Chimp)!

I like it......

Pete

• 3 weeks later...