My favorite travel photo backpack

MG_3042-web.jpg

(pic from Google)

the Samyang 12mm looks about the same size of the XF14 if not smaller, correct? if so, I believe it would all definitely fit the 16L.

IMG_20130510_18135201_zpskvrcyovf.jpg

^

in this configuration, i had the X-E1 + 18-55 attached, XF35 and XF14 (this could be your 12mm). the extra 2"-long dividers I had just below each lens could be removed to accommodate a larger-in-diameter lens.

2015-07-13_11-02-22_zpsjc3g7png.jpg

^

you could then place your 50-230 in the upper compartment of the bag. a lens pouch would be nice for added protection, or.. depending on the season/climate where you're going, you could toss a light windbreaker or light sweater in there to help keep it from moving around.

BTW, if you happen to keep on (I removed mine) and wear the waist strap/belt, you could swing the bag to your front side to swap out lenses from the main camera compartment in the back sort of like this...

_RFG0051_zps9bbb8016.jpg

(Sent from another Galaxy)

Cool.  Thanks again for the the tips.  I really appreciate it!  It does look like a good option, specially since we might be all day out and about.  

Thank you very much once again!! 

Cool. Thanks again for the the tips. I really appreciate it! It does look like a good option, specially since we might be all day out and about.

Thank you very much once again!!

sure. np. you could always keep your 50-230 in the same space meant for the body + 18-55 while you're walking around with your camera at hand. and if you're going into a cafe or restaurant, just quickly toss the body w/lens into the top compartment.

sure. np. you could always keep your 50-230 in the same space meant for the body + 18-55 while you're walking around with your camera at hand. and if you're going into a cafe or restaurant, just quickly toss the body w/lens into the top compartment.

I was just thinking that exact thing. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

The  Lowepro Photo Hatchback is mighty impressive but at 22L is a tad too small for my traveling needs. I am shifting to mirrorless with my recent purchase of the XT2 and intend to travel a fair bit with it. I plan to carry that along with a 35mm f/2 lens and the Samyang 12mm lens. Overall I am looking for a good travel backpack which shall also give me an option of keeping my camera secure. I have spent ages looking around for a bag that fits my needs (I need a good amount of space for personal items, a laptop and a fairly small space for camera gear), but all the large camera bags seem to cater to people with loads of camera gear and not for people like me.

Currently I am in the position of using a Tenba BYOB camera insert into my regular travel backpack and although it keeps my camera secure and gives me room for personal items, I do find it inconvenient to access the cameras and would like a more streamlined option. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

• 3 months later...

The Lowepro Photo Hatchback is mighty impressive but at 22L is a tad too small for my traveling needs. I am shifting to mirrorless with my recent purchase of the XT2 and intend to travel a fair bit with it. I plan to carry that along with a 35mm f/2 lens and the Samyang 12mm lens. Overall I am looking for a good travel backpack which shall also give me an option of keeping my camera secure. I have spent ages looking around for a bag that fits my needs (I need a good amount of space for personal items, a laptop and a fairly small space for camera gear), but all the large camera bags seem to cater to people with loads of camera gear and not for people like me.

Currently I am in the position of using a Tenba BYOB camera insert into my regular travel backpack and although it keeps my camera secure and gives me room for personal items, I do find it inconvenient to access the cameras and would like a more streamlined option. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Check our the new Peak Design backpacks. I don't own one, but I've seen a prototype and they are very modular.