X-T1 FW 4.0 BETA: I have it and share my findings soon ;)

It's interesting to see the little differences from what is in the X-T10 (like the look of the Point/Zone/Wide AF menu, which is much nicer on X-T10). I thought they'd be essentially the same firmware, but it looks like they've already forked significantly. 

Bummer, since it makes it more likely the X-T10 gets abandoned from the upgrade cycle earlier. Would much prefer if their updates were forced to be basically in sync.

Fuji appears to follow a conservative approach, adding new features but keeping as much of the user experience intact as possible. One could say they didn’t want to rewrite the whole manual (or at least they didn’t want to change too many illustrations) … Whether this decision will be popular with owners of an X-T1 remains to be seen; Fuji seems to care most for those who prefer to feel right at home again even when there is some new functionality added.

Fuji appears to follow a conservative approach, adding new features but keeping as much of the user experience intact as possible. One could say they didn’t want to rewrite the whole manual (or at least they didn’t want to change too many illustrations) … Whether this decision will be popular with owners of an X-T1 remains to be seen; Fuji seems to care most for those who prefer to feel right at home again even when there is some new functionality added.

I agree with this. For people who like to play with their cameras, a whole new firmware layout sounds like a blast, and a treat, but if you use your camera on the job, you will be very angry to find that the camera you could operate like the back of your hand is now a complete stranger because the company wanted to give you two extra features and included a completely different paint job in the process. 

FW 4.0 Top Features video by Fuji Guy Billy... and you can overwrite the 4.0 beta with the final FW 4.0 version: http://www.fujirumors.com/video-fuji-guys-demonstrate-new-features-of-the-fujifilm-x-t1-firmware-4-0/

A great explanation of the features, but I'm not super impressed by the "tests" he's doing. All of the motion he does with the camera trained on his completely stationary well lit subjects is side to side, with an extremely wide lens, meaning that the camera really doesn't have to do much to keep it in focus at all. I would love to see this done with the 35mm, or the 56mm, with kids running around in the evening, or at a wedding, or a concert. I've never felt the need to do continuous tracking on a still-life. 

Also, I've read a few comments that suggest that once you take the photo in the tracking process, you have to re-acquire focus once you're done with your burst? can anyone confirm or deny this, or mention a work-around? Can the back AF button be used to keep tracking going while the shutter button controls just the shutter, to keep the focus going between bursts of photos?

Yep, [the 16-55 f2.8 wr]no real speed improvement, perhaps a little bit quicker, but the tracking is really good and the eye detection works very well. Looking forward to winding my kids up on sugar in an hour or so and see how the tracking handles things. I also shoot a 5D3 if Fuji can get their AF close to that, well....

How far off are they? I'm in a similar position. I have the X100T and 5DIII. Just ordered an X-T1 + 35/1.4 as a way of trying it out. I'm so in love with my X100T that I'm thinking I might really enjoy the X-T1, but my concern is the AF speed for moving subjects. (I mostly photograph my daughter, who is 4 years old and never stops moving.)

Updated from "beta" to official, everything is OK.

Compared files on SHA-256 hash generator and of course the two file is not the same 

Of course this is unnecessary testing, it is possible to upgrade in the camera (beta to beta with same file  was not possible) so the official is newer one.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-29%20at%2009.08.

According to what I can see in the Hex-dump of both files, the version is the same (04 and 00), but the part after that is different, which I think may be the build number. Left is official, right is leaked.

But that would mean that the buildnr of the leaked one is higher  :huh:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-29%20at%2009.08.

According to what I can see in the Hex-dump of both files, the version is the same (04 and 00), but the part after that is different, which I think may be the build number. Left is official, right is leaked.

But that would mean that the buildnr of the leaked one is higher  :huh:

perhaps the lower build # is more stable?