X-T1 FW 4.0 BETA: I have it and share my findings soon ;)

If you install the Beta version 4.0 can you over write the new FW when it comes out?

I think this "beta" is the official fw 4.0 but the Fuji does not want to release it officially yet... the X-T10 (sales) need a bit "uniqueness". 

The X-T1 users will be receive soon but the X-T1 is still the best sales Fuji X body... with or without FW 4.0. The X-T10 needs a little marketing.

I saved the "beta" 4.0, will save the "final" 4.0 and I will generate md5 to both (as soon the Fuji release the 4.0). If the checksum is identical the firmware is identical.

Face detection does recognize my cat's face, does not my own face :angry: ............. :D

I've been away from home on business for 10 wks, I hope my cat has face recognition installed...!!!

Jokes aside, I've had mixed results with face recognition on the current FW, so I look firward to trying the official release when it finally becomes officially released!

You brave testers have made it seem well worth the wait!

To Fujifilm... little improvement proposal

It took us a long time to get rid of the term "silent mode" - which disabled also flash - but we are still getting a, in my eyes, potenially confusional formualtion "Sound and Flash OFF"

So, when you have "Sound and Flash OFF" turned to "OFF", sound & flahs are actually ON

When you have "Sound and Flash OFF" turned to "ON", then it's OFF.

Why not simply call it "Sound & Flash" and then you turn in ON or OFF, how you prefer?

Does it make sense for you?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi, I've been playing with the beta firmware on my X-T1 together with my XF50-140mm at my daughter's soccer tournament this weekend. I also stumbled into a local MTB race when I was picking up my second daughter at a band camp yesterday and got to shoot some of the racers. I'm very impressed with this upgrade. AF-C and Zone focus are working great!

If anybody are interrested, I have written about my findings in this blogpost:

Tor Martin

Hi, I've been playing with the beta firmware on my X-T1 together with my XF50-140mm at my daughter's soccer tournament this weekend. I also stumbled into a local MTB race when I was picking up my second daughter at a band camp yesterday and got to shoot some of the racers. I'm very impressed with this upgrade. AF-C and Zone focus are working great!

If anybody are interrested, I have written about my findings in this blogpost:

Tor Martin

Wow, can't wait for the update, and the 50-140 I'm hoping to get ... Nice write-up and pics.

I saved the "beta" 4.0, will save the "final" 4.0 and I will generate md5 to both (as soon the Fuji release the 4.0). If the checksum is identical the firmware is identical.

That's not quite right... if the checksums are different then the files are different, but if the checksums are the same then the files are not necessarily the same.

You should just compare the files...

Wow, can't wait for the update, and the 50-140 I'm hoping to get ... Nice write-up and pics.

Thank you :) . Can't blame the gear for not getting the shot anymore...

I'm also curious if Fujifilm will launch firmware updates for some of the lenses on the 29th aswell. I wish for faster low light focus with my 56mm which struggles a bit under some lighting conditions... Fingers crossed.

ES is not indicated for moving subject... you'll get distorted images. So Tracking works with MS only

Patrick thank you very much.  went to the park with my 3 year old today.   He was running and I changed my XT1 with same 56/1.2 to MS only.   Every shot in focus at 1.2!!!!   He was running, and everyrthing was in focus!  MS only, no Face Recog, CH.   The only thing is Continuous High is rated at 8FPS, but I was not getting 8FPs clearly, even though my shutter speed was close to 1/4000....  I was getting at most 4-5fps (more like 4) but all in focus, camera took time focusing between shots with that 56/1.2 which is not the fastest focusing lens.  But I was getting everything in focus, so thanks again.  I was using 5X3 boxes which I think is the largest Fuji allows you in accordance with their new Firmware 4.0 AF chart for continuous AF

I have the leaked firmware and used it at a sports event. very impressed, however found that the tracking and eyetracking doesn't work together - once you lock on the tracked object the detection box doesn't track with it....

Face Recognition on a Fuji does not work in Continuous AF mode.   That's a Fuji thing.   Works fine in all the m43 and Sonys.   

Updating should be the same - power on with Disp button pressed 

On another topic - anyone figured out how to play back video on the camera???

it used to be press play and then down button, now there is no option to playback...

Updating should be the same - power on with Disp button pressed 

On another topic - anyone figured out how to play back video on the camera???

it used to be press play and then down button, now there is no option to playback...

Mine is down button once you're in playback mode.

Oh boy.  I hope this delay doesn't go past 6/29.  I wanted to use the X-T1 to photograph my grandsons' birthday party instead of my D800

I just did a test with the 50-140 trying to track birds in flight; result is not very good compared to my D810, but this is a very hard test and probably I'm still not used to this new AF system as for the D810