X-T1 FW 4.0 BETA: I have it and share my findings soon ;)

Just upgraded, tried the new AF system with the 27mm and the 18-55mm, very pleased would be putting it mildly.

I have only recently purchased the 27mm was thinking to myself why did I waste my money on this lens that can't even pull focus, this totally negates this issues I was having.

Really improves the workflow for me a soon to be ex-Nikon user who is still getting to grips with the Fuji universe.

FYI: the camera does not focus between each shot, if you have MS+ES (electronic Shutter) enabled. With mechanical shutter only, I had very pleasing results tracking my crazy dog

Great to know thanks. I might have had ms plus es by default. What about es only? Notwithstanding jelly effect, does xt1 do tracking with es only? Or has to be ms only so u are limited to 1/4000 (and sounds like 5x3 central zone) when tracking?

Notwithstanding jelly effect, does xt1 do tracking with es only? Or has to be ms only so u are limited to 1/4000 (and sounds like 5x3 central zone) when tracking?

ES is not indicated for moving subject... you'll get distorted images. So Tracking works with MS only

Thanks for the examples with the 55-200 Patrick; just what I was looking for. Now the question is do I wait and hope the X-E2 gets the same advances later in the year, buy an X-T10 new or get an X-T1 refurbished...

Rumors say the X-E2 will get a nice Kaizen firmware in about half a year... so I'd wait ;)

Happy customers and competing with yourself ( because then no XE-2 owners would buy a X-T10) don’t get along.

Providing equal performance to the two competing cameras is a commercial oxymoron and I doubt they are prone to be oxy-morons. But maybe they are. Wait, keep on waiting, wait , and wait, and wait.

Happy customers and competing with yourself ( because then no XE-2 owners would buy a X-T10) don’t get along.

Providing equal performance to the two competing cameras is a commercial oxymoron and I doubt they are prone to be oxy-morons. But maybe they are. Wait, keep on waiting, wait , and wait, and wait.

Because X-E2 users are all jumping to upgrade to the X-T10 now? No .. If anything, it only gives users a good excuse to buy a new lens instead EITHER way, so Fuji might as well go for the option that improves customer satisfaction and loyalty. Offer new firmware. Anyway, however you want to explain it, fact is that Fuji is gaining lots of traction by what they're doing, and this will only benefit them in the long run.

It's not such a strange concept you know. Up to a certain point you expect your laptop/desktop, or smartphone to continue to get updates, why not your camera.

ES is not indicated for moving subject... you'll get distorted images. So Tracking works with MS only

And I think the Fuji hasn't enough processing power to e-shutter readout and focusing "power" between continous tracking.

And you say well: if you select ES (or MS+ES), the C-AF will not works only the first image. The rest of the burst pictures will be blurred if you or your subject moves (because it will not refocusing).

and bring it to the same level of the X-T10? I really would like to understand the rationale of that!

They already cost the same in the shops here and no one is buying any X-E2 anymore!

They updated the X100 half a year after the X100S hit the market.

And this time they maybe are going to update the X-E2 half a year after the X-T10 hit the market.

Thinking at the long term, a happy Customers can become very loyal customers.