X-T1 FW 4.0 BETA: I have it and share my findings soon ;)

Low light AF is also better, locking quickly on at F2.8 ISO 6400 1/20 with the XF16-55 F2.8WR

Still don't think it's any faster to lock on then before FW4 but it is much better in lower light. Perhaps someone who has two X-T1's can test this to satisfy those who need to know. 

Tracking is very fast and mostly accurate[ish] - might have been me not use to it yet - but I am comparing it to a 5D3 so probably a bit unfair. I'll test it out on some lycra louts tomorrow morning. I've found no bugs yet. 

Just finished doing some quick tests with various lenses (10-24, 14, 23, 27, 35, Zeiss 50, 55-200 and 56) and I'm  :) . However, I did come across a lighting situation where the camera struggled to focus with the 56mm. Below is an image of a djembe drum (situated 4' from where I snapped the shot) that gave the 56mm fits. But on the next image of the paint cans (about 14' away) the AF snapped into focus almost instantaneously. Seems like surface brightness is effecting phase detection.

Drum

Paint

Cheers!

Rolly

Here are the ranges for the various shutter modes in the T setting:

ES - 1" to 1/32000

MS - 30" to 1/4000

ES+MS - 30" to 1/32000

AE bracketing still +/- 1 EV  :angry: . Someone at Fuji must hate HDR...

Cheers!

Rolly

Thanks Rolly!!!!!!, really great news for me. I like to shoot manual, and the top dial is not as handy as use the front/thumb command dial to change settings without taking the eyes off the viewfinder, even more critical when using the battery grip.

and yeah, unbelievable the bracketing castration on Fuji... similar to not using face detection AF when using the back button focus on first firmwares.

AE bracketing still +/- 1 EV  :angry: . Someone at Fuji must hate HDR...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Surely they fixed this and just forgot to list it with the other updates.

Thanks to all who shared with me. Fw installed! Tested 14mm in very dim lighting and focus was lightening fast! Used the 3x3 zone focus. Can't wait to try the 23, 56 and 18-135 tomorrow morning! This doesn't seem like a beta to me. Even the framing lines are thinner as stated. Looks legit. 

Just one more thing, I used to use single point AF exclusively, but I must say this new zone focusing is much faster and very accurate. Better than some of the dslrs that I've used. Most of the time I avoid it because it usually locks on random things that I don't want. This seems a lot smarter. I think this is a huge win for Fuji. I wonder if it's faster than the new sony a7rii. I would certainly want to see that test comparison.