X-T1 FW 4.0 BETA: I have it and share my findings soon ;)

Do you think, that this FW v.4 is final release which will be available at Fuji site 25 june or later. Or you think it is final version but Fuji keeps it till 25-th in order to increase X-T10 selling? So is it marketing issue or technical? 

Guys I really doubt they would delay this firmware to "create market for X-T10", that would be a horrible public relations move as it implies their customers are fools who can't wait a few days for a new feature. 

Much more likely is that they still have a couple known bugs that apply to the X-T1 and they'd rather have one update than send out the current version now and then another in a week just to fix the remaining issues. They are also probably worried that pros using the X-T1 will be mad about new bugs, whereas people with a brand new X-T10 are less likely to be mad since "it had that problem since I bought it".

Even if the bug also exists on the X-T10 they have a lot more reasons to ship the X-T10 on time because of all the trucks/planes/stores etc. involved. Pushing back that date could be disastrous for launch, whereas delaying a firmware update for X-T1 probably won't lose them more than a few random sales globally. All the store employees will know about the firmware and be showing people the X-T10 if they ask about relevant features. It's much more likely that a store would fail to update the X-T1 right away than it is that they would sell someone an X-T10 because of it's newer features. 

Finally, the word "beta" is being overused in this case. Considering they were planning to release it today the leaked firmware is probably more accurately a "Release candidate" in software development parlance, meaning "we think it's ready but we're still making sure", compared to a "beta" which means "this has new features we are still testing and probably known bugs we are still fixing". Of course it makes sense for them to call it a "beta" because they don't want us to use it!

Did anyone try its effect on the 16-55 yet?

Yep, [the 16-55 f2.8 wr]no real speed improvement, perhaps a little bit quicker, but the tracking is really good and the eye detection works very well. Looking forward to winding my kids up on sugar in an hour or so and see how the tracking handles things. I also shoot a 5D3 if Fuji can get their AF close to that, well....

I'm really curious what you guys - which have updated to FW 4 (not final version) - will do if the final 4.0 comes out.

I heard it might become difficult to add it ...

... let's see

There must be a possibility for Beta testers to change later to the final 4.0 - either this, or this is simply the final version.

This is not beta - It is the final thing.
If it were beta they absolutely can't test it and release another version with a new test before next week.
5 working days is a very short time to test 'beta' software and then release it to the general public.

Also remember that these things are pretty broadly shared amongst journalists, and camera websites like DPReview that need to review it before its released. A broad range of photographers, people who write books and need to incorporate how this new AF works into their e-books. A lot of people are under an NDA and are  involved in releasing such large update. If its beta and they need to pull it this late, then it can't be released next week and people wouldn't see it for a long time to come. A little like we have seen with the LR plugin.

I am convinced that this is the real thing and probably the 'goldmaster'.

I do believe Fuji is either not pleased about this leak, or they have leaked it purposely due to the announcements the new firmware update that the A6000 has gotten in combination wit all the hype around Sony's new A7r II.

I tested it with the kit 18-55 and there's some improvement in single shot mode. Obviously there's now tracking available in continuous mode and it works. It's faster than the Ricoh GR but not as fast as the a5100 with its kit lens but the sony lens is extremely poor in IQ no matter how you look at it. Also, as someone noted, it does appear to have a .5 ev improvement in low light focus point acquisition. Face detection has improved in movie mode as well.

16-55 seems instant. It was pretty fast before, but now it's like "D4+24-70 instant" if you know what I mean. Face + eye detection works--it's a pretty amazing feature, actually, and seems to work as designed. I'd like quicker initial face acquisition, but I'm not complaining. Haven't tested with multiple people in the frame yet. I have the 14, 23, 35, 56, 54-120 and 16-55, so I'll post some findings later :) I have another X-T1 coming early next week, so I'll have an old firmware to compare to the new, that should be interesting!

Tested it with the tracking with AF-C on the 50-140mm and it's much improved. I had trouble locking focus before but now it works as it should have. Overall focusing is much better. I also love using the command dial to change the shutter speed across all ranges in T mode, it's very nifty. I'm going to shoot an engagement session, a rehearsal dinner, and a wedding with my two X-T1s the next 3 days and will let you know if anything weird happens. 

Amazing how the experts here know more about Fujifilm's products than Fuji themselves.  :D

Of course it's an evaluation version. And the feedback deadline was today, so my job is done. As for any changes and bug fixes in next week's final version: Fuji will of course never publicly disclose this information.

This is not beta - It is the final thing.

If it were beta they absolutely can't test it and release another version with a new test before next week.

5 working days is a very short time to test 'beta' software and then release it to the general public.

Also remember that these things are pretty broadly shared amongst journalists, and camera websites like DPReview that need to review it before its released. A broad range of photographers, people who write books and need to incorporate how this new AF works into their e-books. A lot of people are under an NDA and are  involved in releasing such large update. If its beta and they need to pull it this late, then it can't be released next week and people wouldn't see it for a long time to come. A little like we have seen with the LR plugin.

I am convinced that this is the real thing and probably the 'goldmaster'.

I do believe Fuji is either not pleased about this leak, or they have leaked it purposely due to the announcements the new firmware update that the A6000 has gotten in combination wit all the hype around Sony's new A7r II.

Could be an old Beta someone released.

Amazing how the experts here know more about Fujifilm's products than Fuji themselves.  :D

Of course it's an evaluation version. And the feedback deadline was today, so my job is done. As for any changes and bug fixes in next week's final version: Fuji will of course never publicly disclose this information.

Serious question. If the feedback deadline is today, and the FW releases next week, how is that enough time to fix anything and re-test? It isn't really, but just asking.

If it is an eval copy, isn't it likely it's the final FW version?

Have you been using the final FW version, and have you found bugs/problems?

Serious question. If the feedback deadline is today, and the FW releases next week, how is that enough time to fix anything and re-test? It isn't really, but just asking.

If it is an eval copy, isn't it likely it's the final FW version?

Have you been using the final FW version, and have you found bugs/problems?

I have installed it, and haven't found any bugs so far.

Feels final, works as a final.

I have no doubts this is it.

So many forum members have downloaded the FW already and Dropbox link is down now... has anyone mind to share dat-file uploading it somewhere else? ;)

Thanks in advance :)

may be in personal message to avoid searchable by google result )

Just a thought - If you have an Amazon Prime membership and you have downloaded the file, you could use the free Cloud Drive to store the file on and post a link in the forum for those of us who would like to give it a whirl. I believe you must set up the file with permissions for public download but no upload. You will only want download access so no one could alter the file or upload to your account for security reasons. Just thinking out loud. 

You might be able to have admin set up a thread that is only accessible by logged in members. That would further limit the number of downloads from your Cloud Drive if you are concerned about that. 

If anyone decides to try that, I'm sure there are more readers than myself who would be grateful for your effort.