X100F not as sharp as X100T

I am very disappointed in the X100F as I have now returned two (2) of them to my favourite camera shop, and gone back to m X100T.

When shooting  landscape or street scape the left side of the frame is fuzzy (same on both X100f's) by fuzzy I shoot an image at optimum settings say 400sec at f8.0 ISO 200 using any AF settings I load into lightroom and use navigate to view 100% look at the centre of image which is sharp then scroll to left and right, both are fuzzy (using street signs as or shop front signs as indicators) The same shot using my X100T are very sharp and produce excellent prints to A4 or A3.

None of the reviews of the X100F seem to find this problem so is it only my 2 examples suffering from it. 

Also go outside and set the X100F to auto iso / auto ss and aperture to f2.0 (wide open) point at bright sky and note the ss it goes red and stops at 1000 sec and subsequent shot is overexposed, set to f2.8 and ss goes to say 1500 or 2000 sec and is ok, does not happen on X100T.

So I am going to leave it for a year and try again as I would like 24mp to crop out bits of street scenes.

I am a Fuji convert from Canon and this very disappointing.

If someone from Fujifilm can help me out please contact me.

All best

stepwes

Also go outside and set the X100F to auto iso / auto ss and aperture to f2.0 (wide open) point at bright sky and note the ss it goes red and stops at 1000 sec and subsequent shot is overexposed, set to f2.8 and ss goes to say 1500 or 2000 sec and is ok, does not happen on X100T.

This is a limitation of the leaf shutter design and it's been this way all through the X100 series cameras. Your memory of the X100T may not be accurate.

This is a limitation of the leaf shutter design and it's been this way all through the X100 series cameras. Your memory of the X100T may not be accurate.

Indeed​, it is the same on my X100T (and a physical limitation of the leaf shutter).

• 2 months later...

This explains the shutter speed limitation when the lens is a f/2, but it doesn’t address the alleged softness when shooting stopped down to f8. Can anyone else confirm this?

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2017 at 10:41 AM, freediverx said:

This explains the shutter speed limitation when the lens is a f/2, but it doesn’t address the alleged softness when shooting stopped down to f8. Can anyone else confirm this?

My copy of the X100F is very sharp at f/8 and wider apertures.  Perhaps the problem is too slow of a shutter speed for handheld shooting or other technique issues?

Edited by Herr Barnack