Coming from the Ricoh world where zone focusing is completely another story thanks to the snap mode, I had to dig into the manual and all the options of the X100F in order to become friend with it. I wanted to share !

https://blog.laurencebichon.com/zone-focus-with-the-fuji-x100f/

Laurence

Edited by loforweb

• 2 months later...

Coming from, and still using, Leica film rangefinders this was the one thing I couldn't replicate, I have been using manual focus with EVF and found the peaking quick and useful but not as quick as zone/hyperfocal focussing so you post is appreciated. 

As a supplementary you note the hyperfocal is 5m at f5.6, is there a full table handy, and based on what CoC?

I'm on a 100-T BTW, dipping in the toes.

Saluti,

The method described by Laurence (merci à elle) can be used on an XT 1, (and probably on other models), + f2 23mm lens and other lenses, but with a work around on 'clutch' lenses. This means the thread could be extended to other rubrics.

As for DoF tables there are apps available for iPad that do the calculation for you on the lens/body, focal length/aperture combination (s) that you choose.

There is also a website 'dofmaster' that will also calculate DoF and hyperfocals; it appears not to have been updated for some time, only x100 and Xpro1 are mentioned, but as you can chose focal length, aperture and focussing distance the result is fine.

Have fun

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...