Advertisement (gone after registration)

Coming from the Ricoh world where zone focusing is completely another story thanks to the snap mode, I had to dig into the manual and all the options of the X100F in order to become friend with it. I wanted to share !

https://blog.laurencebichon.com/zone-focus-with-the-fuji-x100f/

Laurence

Edited by loforweb

Coming from, and still using, Leica film rangefinders this was the one thing I couldn't replicate, I have been using manual focus with EVF and found the peaking quick and useful but not as quick as zone/hyperfocal focussing so you post is appreciated. 

As a supplementary you note the hyperfocal is 5m at f5.6, is there a full table handy, and based on what CoC?

I'm on a 100-T BTW, dipping in the toes.

Saluti,

The method described by Laurence (merci à elle) can be used on an XT 1, (and probably on other models), + f2 23mm lens and other lenses, but with a work around on 'clutch' lenses. This means the thread could be extended to other rubrics.

As for DoF tables there are apps available for iPad that do the calculation for you on the lens/body, focal length/aperture combination (s) that you choose.

There is also a website 'dofmaster' that will also calculate DoF and hyperfocals; it appears not to have been updated for some time, only x100 and Xpro1 are mentioned, but as you can chose focal length, aperture and focussing distance the result is fine.

Have fun

Jeremy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30. 
    • By Bradley Stearn
      I've been trying to save 2 different colour presets onto my X100f. I've been inputting the presets for a HP5 acros look, and a kodachrome look based off classic chrome.
      I go into the Q menu, create the look on a custom setting, so for example the Hp5 look on C1. I then make the Kodachrome look on C2. The C1 Hp5 look is then deleted. What am I doing wrong? How do I save multiple colour profiles at the same time?
    • By BRT
      Hello, 
      I have a 2 year old X100F that has a problem with the aperture blades being stuck. It appears to be suck at about f2.8-4.  I bought the camera new in the US about 2 years ago, I currently live in Asia and need advice on having it repaired. I contacted the place of purchase but they can't help because its beyond warranty. I contacted the Fujifilm repair USA office but they told me to contact the Fujifilm Malaysia office. Fuji Malaysia said the US office is wrong that I should contact an office closer to my area. They did however suggest resetting the camera preferences but this was no help. My last resort is to contact the Fujifilm Japan office but it is  closed indefinitely due to quarantine. So my only solution may be to try and fix it myself.
      Has anyone here experienced their aperture blades stuck in their X100F? Has anyone been able to take the camera apart and fix it themselves? I'm extremely disappointed with Fuji and that this happened in less than 2 years of owning this camera and now no reasonable solution to fix it. I've also read that the repair for this problem is quite expensive. 
      It would be nice to know if anyone has had similar issues and any luck with repairs. Until now I loved Fuji and this camera however I can't be more disappointed. 
      Thanks 

• By NovaLazy
      Hi all, I recently upgraded my X100S to the X100F but then found it's RAW files aren't compatible with my Lightroom 5... So i installed the free Capture One (20.0.4) Express for Fujifilm last night but when i try to import to it, it doesn't recognize RAW or Jpeg...it says there's nothing to import when they're clearly there in the folder i'm pointing to.  I checked and it's definitely the Fujifilm version of Capture Express.  The one thing i did notice is the when i open Capture up it says near the top 'Setting up hardware acceleration' and takes hours to get to 100%...not that i've got that far as after 45 minutes it gets to 52% done and just hangs.... i'm running Capture on a Dell Inspiron 5000 series with Windows 10.  Any help/advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks.
    • By Aakarsh
      Hello all,
      I am unable to connect my X100F to my Android phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times. I reset the connection settings on camera. Still I am unable to connect.  Can anyone help please. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.