Advertisement (gone after registration)

Coming from the Ricoh world where zone focusing is completely another story thanks to the snap mode, I had to dig into the manual and all the options of the X100F in order to become friend with it. I wanted to share !

https://blog.laurencebichon.com/zone-focus-with-the-fuji-x100f/

Laurence

Edited by loforweb

Coming from, and still using, Leica film rangefinders this was the one thing I couldn't replicate, I have been using manual focus with EVF and found the peaking quick and useful but not as quick as zone/hyperfocal focussing so you post is appreciated. 

As a supplementary you note the hyperfocal is 5m at f5.6, is there a full table handy, and based on what CoC?

I'm on a 100-T BTW, dipping in the toes.

Saluti,

The method described by Laurence (merci à elle) can be used on an XT 1, (and probably on other models), + f2 23mm lens and other lenses, but with a work around on 'clutch' lenses. This means the thread could be extended to other rubrics.

As for DoF tables there are apps available for iPad that do the calculation for you on the lens/body, focal length/aperture combination (s) that you choose.

There is also a website 'dofmaster' that will also calculate DoF and hyperfocals; it appears not to have been updated for some time, only x100 and Xpro1 are mentioned, but as you can chose focal length, aperture and focussing distance the result is fine.

Have fun

Jeremy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AndrewB
      Hey everyone,
      I recently sold my Canon 5D Mark iii as I wanted something smaller to take everywhere I go and I have grown to love Fuji! I am between the brand new XT3, X100F, and the XE3. I want to have the camera everywhere I go and I do a lot of street photography. I was hoping I could hear some opinions on which camera would suit me best.
      Thanks,
      Andy
    • By gundalav
      I have my X100F and I want to directly import the image (RAF format) using 
      CaptureOne12 Express Fuji directly from the camera using USB cable. I mean, without having to take out the SD card from the camera. 
      Currently only MacOSX Photo app that can directly detect the camera,
      but it cannot detect RAW format.
      Is that possible? If so what's the way to do it?

• By paulbroad
      British heavy bomber rear gunner. Museum display. XT-3 focus stacking feature.
    • By Creativestubble
      Hi All,
      Does the digital teleconverter on the X100F work with the OVF engaged (or only with the EVF active?) AND does it change the view to show 50mm and 70mm?
      Thanks,
      Darren
    • By Creativestubble
      Hi all,
      First post here.
      Hope some Fuji users can help - any questions answered will be helpful - thanks in advance.
      I currently shoot with a Nikon D90 and 50mm prime for street photography. I really want to switch to Fuji. I went to check out the Fuji range and was initially considering the X-T20, X-T2, X-Pro 2. (All with 35mm F2)
      After putting the EVF to my eyes for a minute I felt kind of sea sick, Ive never looked through an EVF before. So I am left with OVF as the only option. This leaves the X100F and X-Pro 2 as my only options.
      1) I wear glasses - and found the viewfinder very small on the X-Pro 2, the OVF is also quite unusual to use. Does anyone else find it difficult to use (glasses wearers?) Is parallax an issue here?
      2) I see the X100F OVF seems much bigger and clearer, do users find this?
      3) Im concerned to buy an X100F as the fixed lens may be restrictive - I know it has crop modes, does the OVF adjust to the crop mode selected - or only the frame lines?
      4) Should I wait for X-Pro 3 before buying X-Pro 2? (either because X-Pro 2 prices may drop, or because they may improve the OVF on X-Pro 3?)
      5) I know they are different cameras - but would you get an X-Pro 2 over an X100F? I like the X-Pro 2 more aesthetically (doesn't mean its better in practice)
      Thanks,
      Darren

• The video features of any camera have absolutely no bearing on stills photography. None. Nothing. Ever. So having video in Fuji cameras hasn’t hurt you as a stills only photographer. 
    • YES, YES, YES!!  The direction Fuji has taken lately has been all for video and AF at the expense of ISO performance.  Forget about producing good stills, I'm not so sure they care.  The XT-2 was much better than the XT-3 and so far all I see is Fuji stepping back from image quality for the sake of AF and video. The "XH" series was supposed to mean "Hybrid" for both video and stills while the "XT" line was supposed to continue to be a camera, not a camcorder.   Now the XT-4 is simply the XH
    • I'll tell you what.  I DO NOT LIKE THE DIRECTION OF FUJI AT THE MOMENT.  If you want video, buy a camcorder, period!!
    • Hi, I’m passionate about underwater photography and I’ve been wondering for a long time why Fuji doesn’t invest much toward this category ?  Sony, Nikon, Canon, Panasonic and Olympus are excelling underwater with their vast choice of lenses ( especially native fisheye lenses with autofocus, close macro and ultra wide angle ) ans it’s really frustrating not to be able to use any x-mount camera to their full potential.  Any thoughts ? Are there rumors about that ?
    • I was not here when this thread happened and I did not take part in it, but having read through it now I would say that although epscott held his stance in a very military manner, which some others obviously could not tolerate well, he stated his opinions to which he had his full right and he did not deserve the negative reactions that he got. He addressed Fujifilm in his post and his requirements are obviously valid for a big enough group of users and that led to Fuji creating a camera with tho