Fuji 56mm f1.2 noise

Benj2000

Hi everyone,

Just a little question about this lens. When I move the lense out of the camera I here some moving element inside the lense. Is it normal? Does your fuji 56 make this kind of noise when you move the lens?

Thanks a lot.

BA

Edited by Benj2000

Back again ;)

After a good shooting afternoon I still notice some "cluck" noises when the lens is attached to my powered xt1 if I move the camera upside down(lens facing the sky to lens facing the floor). Is it a normal behavior?

I know I am a bit perfectionist but I want to be sure that my copy doesn't have any issue... and can't test another copy in a shop...

Thanks for your help...

Perfectionist hell has no Satan, no devils, no fired ovens and no teapots brimming with motor oil or such.

All it has is a row of lenses standing without being arranged by their length and - try to imagine that! - some of the lenses are not precisely in line with the rest...

Now, that is true suffering!

I just got mine today from Wex in the UK and noticed the same, but it seems to work ok though. It's also somewhat noisy with a rough whirring sound rather than a smooth one, but from some accounts that seems normal. Out of interest, what are the first 3 characters of the serial number? 75A? I was also concerned because the box wasn't pristine and appeared to have been opened before with the top cover inside having a crease as tends to happen when you pull it out. Having had to return my first XT2 back to Wex a couple of weeks ago from its box having a dent and a fault with the LCD, I'm thinking that buying in store may be preferable.

Hi everyone,

Just a little question about this lens. When I move the lense out of the camera I here some moving element inside the lense. Is it normal? Does your fuji 56 make this kind of noise when you move the lens?

Thanks a lot.

BA

It's quite normal.

Enjoy your lens, go forth and shoot brother!

• 2 years later...

I cannot quite understand how that loud noise can be called normal in a lense of that optical quality. mine is making a loud noise audible up to a meter away from the camera und I personally get a feeling as if something inside is actually hitting the lens-body. I had it for repair (2 weeks!!!) and when it came back nothing had changed

I've disassembled XF 56mm F1.2 completely couple of times, here's related article.

Lens is nicely built and there are few possible noise sources that are by design:

1. Aperture engine operations are producing audible sound.

2. Mechanical focusing movement of the inner rear optical module during AF drive operation, and AF gear rotation sound.

Lens should not produce any sound after powering it off and shaking in hands - everything inside is properly secured with many bolts or glue. Focusing moving cylinders are nicely dampened as well. But during operation it is very normal to hear a lot of different noise sounds out of XF 56mm F1.2 lens.