X-pro2 EVF only - I wish!

I wish Fujifilm would make an EVF only version of the x-pro2 with OLED instead of TFT and with higher magnification. I know alot of people find the OVF awesome, but I didn't choose my x-pro2 because of it, I chose it because of the x-pro2's form factor. I know the x-e2 comes close, but it is still to far away when it comes to build quality, shutter quality/speed/sound, joystick and display resolution. To me an x-pro2 with an EVF as close to the x-t2's EVF as possible would be a dream camera to me.

I agree completely.

Adding on - I'd wish for software to use a 7" tablet as a tethered (via USB cable) remote LCD monitor or make marked improvements in the Fuji Remote app, its far from bulletproof according to accounts on this and other forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I can't see a place for this between the more affordable X-E line for the masses, and the X-Pro for the premium enthusiast - too small of a niche.

Obviously the X-T2 is there to serve if a large EVF is your must have feature.

Edited by Threaded

I believe people who are upgrading from their smart phone or point and shoot camera will be more attracted by an SLR style camera like the T20 because this is the type of camera that ruled photography the last 50 or so years. These people are also very sensitive to the price. However, many of the ambitious amateurs who have dreamt all their former life ( the analogue life) to shoot with a Leica or even had the pleasure to do so may prefer the view finder format. They like to see all the goodies from the T2 and some more but are also willing to pay for it. May be they will not easily admit that they are ready to pay the price but if the camera would be there they would. I personally would even accept a price between T2 and Pro 2 for such a dream E3. But may be it is just me and wishful thinking and I am the only one.

Edit:"last" added.

Edited by Jürgen Heger

@Threaded
I like the form factor of the x-pro2 and EVF of x-t2. I never use the OVF, and from what I have read the OVF is the culprit for the high asking price of the x-pro2 even though the x-t2 does so much more. I believe Fujifilm is a bit hazy as to which of the two models is their true flagship model. In many ways it must be the x-t2. It is certainly already getting a lot more kaizen love from Fujifilm even though the x-pro2 is their most expensive model..

Edited by petergabriel

@Threaded

I like the form factor of the x-pro2 and EVF of x-t2. I never use the OVF, and from what I have read the OVF is the culprit for the high asking price of the x-pro2 even though the x-t2 does so much more. I believe Fujifilm is a bit hazy as to which of the two models is their true flagship model. In many ways it must be the x-t2. It is certainly already getting a lot more kaizen love from Fujifilm even though the x-pro2 is their most expensive model..

I don't think there's any haze, they're both flagships, just like the XP1 and XT1 before them. Not sure where you're getting the idea either that the XT2 "does so much more" or is getting "more kaizen love", since they both just recently got very significant and near identical updates, despite the XP2 being the older model. Is this just about the 4K?

Like it or not the XT SLR-style form factor makes sense for a big expansive EVF, so that's where they put it. The X-Pro meanwhile takes the term "rangefinder style" very literally and to nth degree, striving to be something not just similar looking but in many ways better than a Leica. The division makes sense, but the hybrid you're suggesting less so imo.

• 10 months later...

I wish Fujifilm would make an EVF only version of the x-pro2 with OLED instead of TFT and with higher magnification. I know alot of people find the OVF awesome, but I didn't choose my x-pro2 because of it, I chose it because of the x-pro2's form factor. I know the x-e2 comes close, but it is still to far away when it comes to build quality, shutter quality/speed/sound, joystick and display resolution. To me an x-pro2 with an EVF as close to the x-t2's EVF as possible would be a dream camera to me.

I would like to see the size, magnification and refresh rate of the EVF of X-T2, also implemented in the X-Pro3. But, without eliminating the OVF. This would be a technical challenge that will please almost everybody, if successfully mastered.