X100T - Do NOT judge this camera by its looks

Have had this camera for almost 2 weeks now - and when people look at it they comment on its simple retro looks.

They also expect the price to be in the range of a few hundreds because of that appearance.

WRONG!!!

I've so far taken 4 pictures and a panoramic jpg as Iearn ALL that this box of tricks is capable of.

The one thing I HAVE mastered - is the way this little box of tricks fits in one of the back pockets on my cycling jerseys or jackets.

Think of the convenience - cycling around the beauty of Suffolk with this amazing camera almost permenantly at the ready to record just about any scene that you would miss if you were doing 40+mph in your car!

Pics to follow at some point ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Umm - you are right to a point with 'most' casual snappers.

One of the people i showed it to does a spot of wedding photography. When i showed a pic on how it handles the extreme contrasting light caused by a sunny day, he was extremely imporessed to say the least.

I was extremely impressed with the X-Pro 1, but I'm seriously more impressed withe the X 100T - and I've only just started to read the second relevant part of the owners manual - configuring the Q Menu!

I've always been a manual shutter - by that I mean I set my own ISO, Aperture and Shutter speeds. But I'm almost willing to let this camera lose with Shutter and Aperture Priority modes - it is doing such a good job!

I haven't even tired it yet with flash! So far, no need!

When I switched to Fuji I went from manual everything to Auto ISO, aperture priority. This was primarily with my XT1 bodies due to the shutter speed dial which was impossible to manage for fast pro work. Now with the new firmware I'm delighted to be shooting in manual again! That said, my experience shooting Aperture priority has given me much confidence in the Fuji bodies and I'm very comfortable using A mode on my X100T

When I switched to Fuji I went from manual everything to Auto ISO, aperture priority. This was primarily with my XT1 bodies due to the shutter speed dial which was impossible to manage for fast pro work. Now with the new firmware I'm delighted to be shooting in manual again! That said, my experience shooting Aperture priority has given me much confidence in the Fuji bodies and I'm very comfortable using A mode on my X100T

It's funny but I did the opposite. I've rarely used full manual on DSLRs because I was afraid of forgetting to switch settings when the light changes. With Fuji I usually do full manual as EVF shows me the final image so I won't forget to change the exposure. Moreover I rarely switch the metering setting as I measure the exposure in the EVF with my eye.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a manual shutter - by that I mean I set my own ISO, Aperture and Shutter speeds. But I'm almost willing to let this camera lose with Shutter and Aperture Priority modes - it is doing such a good job!

I haven't even tired it yet with flash! So far, no need!

One thing I enjoy about the X100T is being able to set aperture and shutter speed manually but leaving ISO on Auto (within certain parameters). It's great for getting the exact effect I want and not having to worry too much about exposure.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the small size, light weight, and fantastic image quality of my X100T.

I mostly use manual mode on my Canon DSLRs, with Aperture Priority being my second most used mode.  With the X100T, I pretty much always shoot in Aperture Priority, and sometimes go full manual.  The X100T is quite good at setting the proper shutter speed, with me using exposure compensation quite rarely.