Shutter speed changed from what I set

How do I prevent the camera to change the shutterspeed from what I set with the dial? For example, if I set it to 250 for flash photography, why will it internally change it to 320? What am I doing wrong? Why is it overwriting my settings, if I have everything else set manually? I'm baffled.

I feel really stupid. If I have the aperture at F2, and the shutter speed at 250, and the ISO at 200... shouldn't everything stay that way? Is it possible that I accidentally changed the shutter speed by rotating the front dial or something?

well, the problem is that with every added function comes an added problem.

Luckily we can disable functions but the problem is always that if anything is locked it then takes a lot longer to unlock it when you need it.

I hardly ever use the wheels, only on the one lens, the 50-230, which requires that control to change the aperture, for the rest I try to make do with all the functions of my camera looking as close as possible to the first cameras I used many years ago. 

The most obvious adapting to me is using the ISO dial as an additional control feature ( but I shoot mostly as I always did since I had a camera capable of automatic exposure in aperture priority mode).

Edited by milandro

I think my problem arises with the fact that I have to use "a" wheel to flip through the images. I keep using the directional pad like I used to on the X-T1 and it doesn't work. Then I remember that I have to use a scroll wheel. So I use the wheel, but I never remember which one. I have to find a better way of setting this up. 

Because I'm still having a hard time to get used to it. Like for setting the focus point: I should just use the joystick, but every bloody time I used the directional pad because for 3 years I've done that. My muscle memory is so stubborn!! The joystick has replaced the direction buttons, but my old head will not compute it!! :rolleyes:

I feel your pain, Karin.

There ain't no better way to change motor reactions of your muscle memory than complaining about it in the forum.

I too have some bad habits, now you've made me consider whether I should start a discussion about me forgetting to set the right aperture before taking a photo.

Karin, just be careful when holding the camera no to go with your thumb or other fingers on the wheel, or on the buttons.

For example, I kept going with my thumb on the AE-L and AF-L buttons of my X-E2. So I bought a handgrip, only for that reason.

I usually don't buy all the stuff put on the market by the producers solely for consumerism, but this is quite helpful in that sense.

Edited by lleo