I am inneed of some advise. I have both the xt2 and xpro2 and wish to get a flash sysrem. Which does this group feel is the best match; Godox AD200, Nissin or the Fuji x500. Thank everyone for your consideration.

Jed Best

Depends on the features you're looking for. I'm not familiar with any of those flashes or what they offer. I use the Yongnuo YN-560 IV with the X-Pro2 and they're great. All manual, simple. Edited by nathan.mardin

I prefer the godox system. For Fuji, it's all manual flash like the yongnuo, but they have a much more comprehensive flash system that all works together. Godox also recently announced they will be supporting Fuji TTL in the very near future. My favorite part about the Godox system are the Li-Ion batteries! 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

The AD200 Godox is brilliant. Does HSS/TLL and is just fine with slower shutter speed settings too. I have been testing it in the last few days and I am going to be very happy with this unit, both indoors and outdoors. As someone else said those batteries - at last no more AA batteries. In the studio no cables to trip up over. Outside on a light stand, easy to set up.

The trigger though takes a little getting used to but it works.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought an x-Pro2 and needed to use an off camera flash. I own the EF-20 and borrowed an inexpensive transmitter/receiver trigger set (FlashFire by PhotoFlex), The test button on the transmitter fired the flash but there was no communication with the camera no matter what settings I used. In fact the selector wheel didn't work for flash settings. Then I read someone's post saying change from Electronic Shutter to Mechanical Shutter. This did the trick. The selector wheel worked, I was able to modify the flash settings and more importantly the camera triggered the flash. For some reason I had to experiment with the shutter speed, 125th a sec is where I ended up. I was surprised as there are a lot of posts saying only a few trigger systems will work with X cameras. Just goes to show you never can tell. 

Edited by Ken_Udle