Xpro1 still worth buying? (06.15)

Xpro 1 now as low as $699

Is it still worth buying?

Especially when one owns a x100t and a xt1?

I read something that the old sensor in the xpro1 is better but the cameras mentioned above seems to have the same sensor? Price is so low so it is tempting but doesn't seem to have an advantage?

The Pro1 is still fantastic . And it will remain so for a long time . I bought a second , because prices are so silly . I have both other two cameras too - but the Pro1 is my favorite when I want to have fun. I take the T1, when object are moving around. The 100T , when discretion is required . And the Pro1 with XF56, if I want to relax.

It's all about the role it will play in your photography I guess. I wanted a backup/complementary camera for my X-T1 and had a similar debate recently. A friend of mine has an X-Pro1 that I really like. I ended up going with the X-E1 though. Not the same because it handles a little differently and as everyone so far has pointed out, that is where the X-Pro1 really shines. However, at $449 from B&H, it softened the blow to my budget substantially and as a backup camera and street shooter (I just keep the XF 27mm on it all the time for now), it's everything I needed. The street shooter part isn't really an issue for you with the X100T, but if you're most concerned with looking for a budget backup with interchangeable lenses, I'd consider the X-E1 and pocket the $250 difference toward adding more lenses.

The dilemma is even bigger now that we all know the xpro2 is on the way. I would guess the xpro2 price to be above US$1500 so maybe the money is better off at my bank until the xpro2 is out. The xpro1 gets such good feedback so the xpro2 should be amazing!

Yup, it's a bit of a dilemma....

My take would be a 24mpix sensor, better high ISO performance, quicker AF and maybe AF servo, 6fps and rumored to have a slightly larger sensor....1.3 crop.

US$1.5k would be about right..... if you don't need another camera, maybe wait a little....but be warned, the X-Pro2 may well end up to be your main shooter. ;)

I'm waiting patiently for the Pro-2 too.

But I have a feeling the Pro-1 will be a future classic, and a camera in demand used for decades.

Personally, I feel good that I have secured one..

The more technically capable these bodies become, the more we as photographers seem to be chasing soul.

I think my X-T1 probably takes better photos. But it's the Pro-1 that I am in love with.

The T-1 will be sold when the Pro-2 is released.

The Pro-1 is a "keeper" for me.

j.

I had the X-Pro1, but I had to sell it. My budget was really small, I had no choice. But X-Pro1 is a camera you should never sell. Never! If you could get the money for another X Camera (I couldn't) it's better to keep the X-Pro1. It's a classic and will always be. Best design, fantastic size/shape/weight and finishing. I wish my X-T1 would have the same length and general size ratio, for better grip and handling.

I love my XPro1 so much. I love the balance with a smallish prime lens.  (So much so that I removed the grip)  But, I am sick of changing lenses and can't afford the 16-55 2.8. (And it would not feel right on the camera anyway.)    So if I see another XPro1 for ~$400 I may get it.  Not sure.  My head says wait for XPro2. I will need that $400 and more.  Keep saving. Ok you've convinced me.  I'm gonna keep saving up for XPro2.  

Or maybe I need an XT-1 for the zoom lenses..... 

Help! 

:)

Can you share why you would say that?

You would think I could, but I can't.

I have been trying to work it out myself for a long time.

I much prefer using the Pro-1, but if I feel that a shot needs to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY right. It's the T1 that I will shoot with.

Maybe it's just focus accuracy ?

There doesn't seem to be much difference with the 56, but with the 35 I feel like I get a better result on the T1.

Maybe it's all in my head.. but I think there's a difference.

I wish there wasn't.

The Pro1 with the 35 on it is just about my ultimate rig. I love it to bits.

Massive bargain at the moment. Annoyingly as the thought crossed my mind of selling mine to get a second x-t1 or even the xt-10. Saw the trade in price and couldn't justify letting such a great camera go for so little, after so little time.

I'd say grab one!

You would think I could, but I can't.

I have been trying to work it out myself for a long time.

I much prefer using the Pro-1, but if I feel that a shot needs to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY right. It's the T1 that I will shoot with.

Maybe it's just focus accuracy ?

There doesn't seem to be much difference with the 56, but with the 35 I feel like I get a better result on the T1.

Maybe it's all in my head.. but I think there's a difference.

I wish there wasn't.

The Pro1 with the 35 on it is just about my ultimate rig. I love it to bits.

Well, for one, the X-T1 is definitely snappier. More responsive altogether compared to the X-Pro1.

Picture wise, I can see a difference between the X-T1 and X-Pro1 when I compared them side by side. Both are equally good.

For those who need one and only one camera, the X-T1 would be the way to go.

X-Pro1 is a classic like everyone says.   It's handling is the best, working with it the images are just sublime.   Currently I see you can get a package with the 35 / 27 and the X-Pro1 for £669 so your really getting the camera for peanuts.  Then when Fuji do finally release the 2 there probably give you £80 for the old X-Pro 1 and your have two decent lenses to play with if you really could bare loosing such as beauty.

My X-pro1 arrived today! Purchased for 487,90 EUR completely new!

And I have to say *IT'S STILL WORTH BUYING* three years after release! It's probably still worth buying three years from now.

My biggest concern was the AF, but it seems the internet makes it look worse than it actually is. Of course it's not as snappy as DSLR's, but being used to the X100s since 2 years, the X-pro1 is way better (with the latest firmware 3.40 of course).

So if you thinking about getting the X-pro1 because of the very good offers floating around, as a second body, or entry into the X system, I can more than highly recommend it! I was also thinking about the X-E2, but I'm glad I chose the X-pro1 instead!

Few opinions on Fuji's newest baby and if you think about the X-T10 - I also saw it today for the first time, in my opinion a horribly small piece of camera. The reviews made mainly by asians, made it look much much bigger. If you have at least european small to slightly medium sized male hands (which probably most of us have), there's no chance to operate that camera comfortably. X-T1's size is the limit in terms of small!

Hi,

after weeks of deliberating what to buy so i don't have to lug my Nikon d3 around I bought the x pro 1. I had this camera 2 years ago and sold it because of the auto focus issues. The new 3.40 firmware has dramatically change the performance of this camera. There is no other camera including any of the Leica models that can produce the Jpegs this camera does. I had and sold the Leica M9 and looking back at the images I took with the M9 do not compare with the xpro 1. In addition as much as I love Leica no auto focus is a drag. I cannot tell you how great the xpro 1 is now with the new firmware and the 35mm 1.4 lens. 

... I bought the x pro 1.

... There is no other camera including any of the Leica models that can produce the Jpegs this camera does. ... 

beside the other Fuji X cams as X100, X100s, X100t, X-E1, X-E2, X-T1, X-T10 and some of the "cheaper" models which i was too lazy to look up their proper names.

My short answer to the initial question of the thread is:

No.