Xpro1 still worth buying? (06.15)

You would think I could, but I can't.

I have been trying to work it out myself for a long time.

I much prefer using the Pro-1, but if I feel that a shot needs to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY right. It's the T1 that I will shoot with.

Maybe it's just focus accuracy ?

There doesn't seem to be much difference with the 56, but with the 35 I feel like I get a better result on the T1.

Maybe it's all in my head.. but I think there's a difference.

I wish there wasn't.

The Pro1 with the 35 on it is just about my ultimate rig. I love it to bits.

I've been using the Pro1 with the 35mm since the beginning of 2013,

last year i went to completely to manual focus,

use the af-l/ae-l button to pre focus

once you get used to it the accuracy problem is solved.

I will agree with this.

Set your camera to back button autofocus. It is the way I am used to working with all cameras and you can make the fujis work the same way.

I never have accuracy problems with my x pro 1. 

Speed on the other hand isn't the best, but as long as you know how responsive it is and don't try to force it in the wrong situations, it is a great, and accurate camera. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, with the X-Pro 2 coming in January I thought I could get a good deal on the X-Pro1.

Just bought a demo unit from Adorama on eBay for $421 US Dollars. They were asking for $519, and described it as "Beautiful! No signs of use. No scratches, scuffs or damage. Virtually new!"

I think I am getting a fair deal as this: "If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied within the first 30 days after the receipt of your purchase, you may return the merchandise for exchange or a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges.

All merchandise carries a 60 day mechanical warranty. Our technicians will make all the necessary repairs or provide a replacement. We may also provide a refund of the purchase price at our discretion. Feel free to contact us with any further warranty questions."

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

sometimes you need some luck in your life. I bought mine this spring via foka.nl for about 800EUR with 18 & 28 plus leather case.... I have sold lenses, and in a fact bought the camera with the case for about 350EUR. At the moment I shoot with old manual lenses, and can not be more happy then I am :)

If you are a pro I think the X-Pro2 is likely to be the one to go for as you will already have a complement of lenses and one missed oportunity could be worth thousands.

On the flip side for amateurs the Pro1 is a far better buy at current prices (especially Black Friday prices).

You will save at least $1000 at current prices and that can go towards some lovely Fuji glass.

• 2 weeks later...

for $1249, I get 23mm f1.4 and a 28mm f2.8 and a Xpro1, why would I not buy it :).

You are getting a brand new Camera practically for a very low amount.

Obviously, I am a new Fuji user. It is a totally VFM now with this deal, great if you are getting into Fujinon systems.

The XP-1 is built like a truck, impressive.

I like it's similarities to the XE-1, which was my first Fuji experience.

I had the XP-1 a month or two, and didn't think it shot as reliably as the XE-1.  I say "reliable" versus making a statement like, "the X-Pro 1 isn't any good.... no, that's not what I mean.

Both cam's certainly willing to ring the bell for you, I just think the XE-1 did it with more "ease and grace", and when I look at how many times I pulled the trigger on each body in contrast with how many "home runs" I came home with, I am sharing with you that the XE-1 worked better for me.  Yep, same sensor, yep, yep.

Just me I bet. Probably a total fluke. Just bought a new old stock XE-1 for the second time.

I am a happy clam.

sometimes you need some luck in your life. I bought mine this spring via foka.nl for about 800EUR with 18 & 28 plus leather case....

I took advantage of the same deal when it was introduced.

The leather case is not great, in my opinion (why no flap for the battery compartment?). But I still use the 18mm and 27mm on my X-Pro1 very regularly. Since then I also bought a 35mm f/1.4 which I love as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you've got an iPhone running iOS 9, then their Lightning to SD card adapter will work to import photos on the go.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJYT2AM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader

Alternatively, you could use a WiFi SD card. I prefer the Toshiba FlashAir, as you can connect to it with your phone and only transfer the images you want, similar to how WiFi in my XT-1 works. The downside of the WiFi SD card is that your battery life will suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, I have a problem, I found a pro-1 kit with the 18 and 27mm lens for 650 euro. I know that even e2 is more developed, and new versions of x cameras are out.still it was kind of quality etalon, so I guess, it can work for my amateur goals. I am more into nature, bird, macro then into street photo, and mostly used compacts (I had my practica/zenit experiences too).so I guess I won't have quality and speed problems. On the other hand as I see it is a thinking camera. It allows u to make fast street shots, but with the manual settings, it forces you to slow down, think over the settings, chew a bit on the topic, so AF speed shouldn't be an issue. A bit I feel even the camera style is non AF. Still I am a bit scared, as the way I can pay is mostly the manual focus, shamyang objectives.I would like to make macro photos (AF also not a big loss here). So how is the paralaxis error here? OK I can use the display for composing. But how is the focused peak? Is it helps well? If I use adapters for Nikon objectives, I know AF will be gone, but also the aperture controlled and light metering? So what is your opinion, is it worth to buy it?

Xpro 1 now as low as $699

Is it still worth buying?

Especially when one owns a x100t and a xt1?

I read something that the old sensor in the xpro1 is better but the cameras mentioned above seems to have the same sensor? Price is so low so it is tempting but doesn't seem to have an advantage?

I'd say it is, and at just under £300 in the UK it is incredible value for money. Remarkable as the X-Pro2 is, my take on it is that its innovations will surely find their way into the next generation of X-T models, and then I'd open my wallet.

I also own an X-T1 and an X100, but there is a place in my collection for this for sure. These three are to me the real classic Fujis; each was first in its particular way, and each was hugely successful for good reason.

:) i have ordered it, I think that was the last one as i can't see it in their shop any more. Still they told me they had to order this as it was out of stock, so maybe they will have more/again/or for order.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/ price was 499£ the pro1 + 18,27 lens and that camera bag stuff.

So If price is tempting, it might worth to follow them or send them a mail. Pls be aware they are only delivering inside UK, and UK oversees.

In case someone interested, during my investigations i found few UK shops with 600£ prices, and few Irish shop with 700 EURO prices (all the x- pro1 ,double lens + bag kit) so give me a shout, and i send the links, in case it is not against the site rules.

I was about getting the X-Pro1 but today I just found out it doesn't have an intervalometer nor it's available with the updates, and so on.

So I'll have to wait and get the new X-Pro2. Too bad 'cause I don't like to spend alot of money on digital due the value decreasing costantly.

Hi, I have a little confusion. X-pro 1 is a mirror-less camera. Then why is this so laud every picture to make, I even feel some movement what is actually ruder then my canon mirror movement in an old 15 years old film based camera. I think only moving part should be the aperture, but the noise and the vibration is much bigger then i would imagine on aperture movement.

Another question, the objective is in focus. I push again half way the exposure button, the response is it starts focusing from the beginning (what is terrible noisy as well both with 18, both with 27 mm lens)

So is there a way to work it normally, or it is like that? 

About the tank build body, yes it is well built, but to be honest even a nikon 1 j2 is robust compared to it.