Exposure compensation dial

What a PITA. The exposure compensation dial didn't get reset to 0 so I've got a bunch of under exposed frames. Sum beach! Gaffer tape seems to be the solution but I sure wish Fuji had made the zero detent stiffer and the EC +/- flag larger in the EVF screen.

Razzle-fratzing camera!

And, oh yeah, one of the tripod socket screws has gone AWOL.

Pizz, moan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I habitually scan the top of the camera as I pick it up—a good habit to develop. Secondly, do a test shot of the venue to see what adjustments may be needed. When shooting conditions change, another test shot and new adjustments if needed. Make it part of you.

If you were shooting RAW all may not be lost. Fuji exposures are quite forgiving when underexposed.

we read occasionally of people complaining that function ( this that or the other) isn’t locked well.

But of course what is locked well needs cumbersome unlocking while you are doing other things. If any function is easily accessible is also easily turned on by mistake.

I understand that while you are shooting pictures the last thing that you want to do is getting distractions, as in checking the functions, but it is essential that one does that in modern cameras.

This is also a by product of having more functions. The more they are the more you can activate by mistake.

I am afraid there is no substitute to checking and checking.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps you could use a red paint pen or a thin piece of red tape at the "0" position? Just so it's easier to see if it's moved? One thing I loved about the X-pro1 is that dial was smaller and less likely to get moved by accident.

What a PITA. The exposure compensation dial didn't get reset to 0 so I've got a bunch of under exposed frames. Sum beach! Gaffer tape seems to be the solution but I sure wish Fuji had made the zero detent stiffer and the EC +/- flag larger in the EVF screen.

Razzle-fratzing camera!

And, oh yeah, one of the tripod socket screws has gone AWOL.

Pizz, moan.

Were you shooting in RAW? If you were (and you weren't pushing the ISO ridiculously high you can almost certainly get back to the "correct" exposure in post.

I always shoot Jpeg + Raw. Am dissatisfied that the Exposure Comp. dial is that easy to bump.

Fuji came thru with two tripod screws and they're going in, with a spot of clear nail polish, this Saturday.