Kaizen - Why Doesn't FUJI Add This Feature Enhancement....

Whilst fiddling about with the custom settings on my X-E2 this morning, it occured to me that the whole process is far to complex and with a few enhancements itcould become both easier too use, as well as far more relevant & useful!

Fuji is generous in giving us 10 sets of custom settings (profiles?), but I wonder how many people can remember how they have set theirs? If you forget you have to scroll thru' a bunch of options just to see what is set...

SUGGESTION 1

Allow us to give each set of custom settings its own name rather that Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3 etc.

SUGGESTION 2

Let us save these settings as a settings file which we could reload after a firmware update, or to enable consistant settings on multiple camera bodies

SUGGESTION 3

Since there are obvious limitations in any menu based system, and to keep things simple, why not add

a the feature to FujiFilm Cam Remote APP for IOS/Android which would alow thise settings to be set as a set of drop down choices in a Spreadsheat type of layout.

Not only would this allow easy setting of all options but you could see how all of your Custome Settings are set at once!

I suspect that all of the these custom settings are using standard or "user modify" EXIF fields, so this should not pose the greatest of technichal challenges.

My feeling has always been that the way in which custom settings was implemented was simply to meet a "feature requirement list" with little thought to how useful it's would be to the end user. This s a common ailment in modern cameras, but FujiFilm at least go back and fix things....

SO........ How many other users would find this useful?

Rob

My camera only has 7 custom settings, and I know exactly what's in them. In case I forget, the Q menu immediately shows me. Labels to name different settings would be nice. Fuji knows about this, but they don't seem to care.

Since custom settings are excluded from USB tethering, I doubt that it would be even possible to remote control them with the current SDK.

You can put that on a Fn button, at least with the more modern, better, state-of-the-art, cheaper X-T10.

Bloody hell man, how did I miss that?!!?!? It's also there on the X-T1  :o  I hate menu diving for settings I have to change frequently, now just need it as an option for the Custom Setting modes!

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!!!

Ultimately - digital cameras are only a computer that can be perosnallised - except they come with a light sensor that can be used to gather a particular type of data.

So anything is possible - as pointed out above - the real trick is to 'master' your camera.

Not really sure I can say I 'mastered' any of my previous cameras - but of those I've owned, the X-Pro 1 is the one I came closest to mastering.

The new X-100T has got a long way to go to get even 'familiar' with it.