Which Slingstrap for X-T2?

Another fan of Peak Design here. 

I'm afraid my XT-2 looks a little strange with three dongles hanging from it, but truth is the Peak Design just works.  Two dongles hanging from the top for when I am carrying a heavy lens like my 100-400 and then one more hanging from the bottom of the Vertical grip for when I just want to handhold.  The straps just attach and unattach so easily it makes shooting so much easier.

Another fan of Peak Design here. 

I'm afraid my XT-2 looks a little strange with three dongles hanging from it, but truth is the Peak Design just works.  Two dongles hanging from the top for when I am carrying a heavy lens like my 100-400 and then one more hanging from the bottom of the Vertical grip for when I just want to handhold.  The straps just attach and unattach so easily it makes shooting so much easier.

I only use TWO dongles, both hanging off the left side of the camera.  This way the camera dangles off my right hip very comfortably.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When using a lens such as the 50 - 140, do Peak Design users attach their strap just to the camera body or one to the camera body and one to the foot of the lens collar?

Thanks

I attach my PD strap to the SAME side of the camera body.  Both of the toggles on my Peak Design are on the side of the camera as the ISO dial if that helps.  Though PEAK does ship with a third toggle that will attach to my tripod socket if I wish to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the BOS Strap (sliding strap) priced at about $60. The strap is attached to the strap holder on the left side of the camera and not to the tripod screw hole. This allows the quick release to remain on the camera. It also allows the camera to hang at good position on your hip with the lens pointed downward and allows one to get to shooting position quickly. I believe theweb site is www.bosstrap.com.

The 1.5" strap is comfortable for hours of shooting.

If you insert your right elbow in the strap to stretch it, you can pull the left side of the strap to the left side of the camera and obtain a very good position for hand held shooting. This goes against placing your left hand under the lens but some may find it worth while. It works much better with Auto focus lenses.

Thanks.

I use the Blackrapid w/a safety tether which I made using paracord and a small clip.  My setup is a bit different and centered around the arca swiss format).   

I have RRS plates on all my cameras (new owner of the X-T2) and still use my DSLR.  I've attached the BlackRapid to a RRS Screw-knob clamp, which I can use on whichever camera I'm using at the time, and can easily move to my tripod w/no effort or having to fiddle with hardware.  It's really the best in terms of ease and quick transitions if I'm carrying both bodies. 

If I switch to a large lens (which mine have arca swiss plates), it's as easy as loosening the screw plate, and uncliping the tether.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Peak Design Slide strap work well if you're wearing a backpack though? Seems like the pack interferes with the strap when you want to lift the camera to your face. Im using the black rapid strap but am tired of the camera bouncing around when its down at my side. I can't find a perfect solution!

If you insist upon a sling strap and a backpack, I reckon you might be on a loser! I still think a Peak Design strap would be your best bet because the strap seatbelt type webbing is really supple and soft, also easily adjustable on the fly!

I have no problems using an across the torso sling strap whilst carrying a pack.  In fact, I have carried two cameras that way, one on each side.

I use op-tech straps for all my cameras.  If I need extra length, I can purchase a longer snap-in insert.

Edited by merlin