Face detection improved?

With the new firmware. On my x-t1 face detection worked very sporadically and I gave up eye detection entirely. Initial reviews of the xt2 and xpro2 indicated that it had improved, but not by much, so what about the new firmware. Is face and eye detection actually useable now (also in low light)?

I've had good luck with face detection on both my XT1 and XT2. Admittedly, I rarely use it, and only for certain occasions where there's only 1 person as a subject and they must be facing the camera. I've even used it photographing kids, with good success. If the subject turns too much to the side and the camera can't detect a face it reverts back to single focus point anyway. What lenses are you using face detect with? I'm wondering if mine works pretty good because I'm only using prime lenses and the system has more available light to work with, or maybe that doesn't make a difference.

I've only used regular face detection, not eye detection. The XT2 seems better after the new firmware, but it worked good for me before the last firmware update anyway. 

I use the old F1.4 primes myself. No issue there, although the few times I remember using face detect the most were with the 90 F2. 

I just saw your comment about using it in low light. I missed that part earlier. I don't bother with face detection in low light. I don't really expect it to work good in those situations. I saw 2 videographers using face detect in low light on their cameras recently. I don't remember what they were using but it wasn't Fuji. About halfway through they switched it off and said face detect was frustrating them. I think it's just asking a lot of any camera. Easier to stick with single focus point, in my opinion.