XPro2 - Firmware Problem? AF is happening in MF mode

What is the normal timeline for Fuji to release bugfixes? This bug is holding me back investing in Fuji, since I use zone focusing, and manual settings a lot. For the last couple of months I have borrowed a x-pro2 from a friend, and like it. But a bug like this should be fixed very soon. Even that you can overcome it only using evf.

What is the normal timeline for Fuji to release bugfixes? This bug is holding me back investing in Fuji, since I use zone focusing, and manual settings a lot. For the last couple of months I have borrowed a x-pro2 from a friend, and like it. But a bug like this should be fixed very soon. Even that you can overcome it only using evf.

I agree, it is still a problem and I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed. This is something that ANY camera should be able to do, and it should have been corrected much sooner than this. Makes me wonder if it will ever even be fixed. 

I've called many times, and done my work to report it and make it known. I however, have not gotten any answer back from Fuji myself.

I reset my Pro2. No change!

No it won't since it is a software bug introduced in firmware 3.0 and later. A reset will not help. 

In general I believe there is a problem with the x-pro2 in manual focus mode. Beside the problem mentioned here, with the moving focusing when pressing the shutter button, I have a lot of times where the shutter does not release when you press the shutter button. Then I have to wait a short second and press the button again to actually take the image. I have lost a lot of shots because of this. It only happens when you set the camera to manual focus. I believe it has something to do with the electronic focus ring, and the communication between the body and lens. But I don't know... Am I the only one who experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

Now there is a fix. Firmware 3.11.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xpro2/index.html

Hopefully this will help. I currently don't have a card reader, and the dat file won't copy to my x-pro2 via USB from Windows 10. Don't know why? So hopefully someone can confirm that it fixes the problem. Otherwise I will try tomorrow when I am back home....

The firmware update Ver.3.11 from Ver.3.10 incorporates the following issues:

• 1.The phenomenon is fixed that in the MF mode, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus point under a specific exposure condition.
  • 2. The phenomenon is fixed that in the MF and OVF modes, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus.
  •  

Firmware 3.11, released today (08 Aug 2017).

I tested with XF 23mm f/2 R WR and confirmed NO ISSUE anymore.

Does the fix include anything else?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No, it is a minor fix from version 3.10 to  3.11, with only this fix, mentioned in this thread.

I installed it also, and can confirm that it now works.