Identify this lens part X100T

Hello fellow X100* users. I purchased an X100T in September 2016, and while out on a walk a few weeks ago, the front ring around the lens that has the words "fujinon aspherical lens Super EBC 23mm..." disappeared. I honestly can't find it even after I retraced my steps. Well, Fuji won't cover it under warranty because I don't have the part, but that's for another rant at another time.

I need to know what this part is called / part number so I can find one and order it. It's the part in this picture, and it's apparently something that can come off the lens. 

fuji_x100_take_apart-21.jpg

Also, if anybody has one of these that you're willing to sell, please let me know. It looks really ugly without it. I've got a UV filter on it to keep the dust out, but I'd really like it to look normal again. 

wp-image-994095734jpg.jpg?resize=620%2C8

Wow sorry to hear that but just wonder how can this happen? You knock your camera?

I wish I knew! I have no idea. I think I lost it on a photo walk, but I've never dropped the camera. It has a lens hood on it *normally* which makes this even more infuriating. I only noticed it the next time I went to use the camera. FujifilmUSA wants $447 to fix it. I'm guessing they're selling the whole lens assembly.

• 1 month later...

So I ended up having to order an entire lens assembly from China. It cost me $109 and took a month to get here. That part...well, it's affixed -- from the factory -- to the front of the camera with double-sided tape. So FujifilmUSA wanted to charge me $400 to replace a piece of sticky-backed decorative metal. Crazy...

So I ended up having to order an entire lens assembly from China. It cost me $109 and took a month to get here. That part...well, it's affixed -- from the factory -- to the front of the camera with double-sided tape. So FujifilmUSA wanted to charge me $400 to replace a piece of sticky-backed decorative metal. Crazy...

Glad you find the replacement. I always have my len filter on all the time because len is one of the most expensive "part"  of a camera.

But I never thought a sticky decorative metal need $400 (actually $109 I also consider a lot :-)). Anyhow beside the dust inside the view finder, I think X100T still serve me well...

Edited by ewm19

Glad you find the replacement. I always have my len filter on all the time because len is one of the most expensive "part" of a camera.

Why do you call it a "len"? I'm asking because you seem to do so consistently in your posts. It's something I've seen in forums off and on over the years and never quite understood.