I am not sure if the survey design lets it quite get there, but I strongly believe that the X-E series could very much become a serious branch with a strong position of it's own if it would update alongside the X-T and -Pro from a sensor/processor side, but have no lcd, fewer programmable buttons and no video capability, the larger EVF and go for plain old school photography!!!  I guess I can keep dreaming for such a camera...

• 2 weeks later...

Done.

I am dissapointed you have not listed the eyecup need - it's really a pain shooting with X-E2 in strong back/side lighting. I found the Fuji eyepiece with no eyrcup attachement one of the worst part of its cams.

Agree. In fact that is the only substantial complaint I have about the X-E2. Any other suggestions I have had are "better this", "faster that" but they are not of the same seriousness. The eyecup situation can result in instances where is becomes nearly impossible to frame and compose a photo - almost like shooting with your eyes shut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I spotted this on the MirrorlessRumors site:

"Fuji:

they will finally make a pause on the X camera front :)  Some lenses will be released by end 2017 but we will probably have to wait til 2018 too see new X system cameras."

Could this be true? Will there not be an X-E3? That would be a major disappointment for me as someone who invested with Fujifilm with an X-E1 and then an X-E2.

I suppose they go by “ You can’t please everyone all the time , only someone sometimes”, you have cameras and the shoot the same quality pictures that they could shoot when you bought them, nothing else has changed aside from the color of the grass of your neighbor.

Milandro, don't undermine our econony system with wrong facts. It is a well known fact derived from Moore's law that the linear resolution of a given camera decreases by about 30% per 18 months (pixelcount goes down by 50%). AF speed drops in a similar way. So definitely, you cannot shoot with an older camera in the same way you did one or two years ago. You simply have to buy the newest equipment as soon as it is released. You can improve your image quality significantly by placing preorders...

Or do I misinterpret Moore's law?

Edited by Jürgen Heger

You are right.  :)  we certainly don’t want to undermine the fundaments of capitalism! You are what you eat (or buy) after all. 

Emo ergo sum ( I buy therefore I exist).

Ahem!  ^_^

When I was still teaching one of the favorite assignments was to ask people to chose to shoot an entire reportage with a box camera ( Agfa click or clack preferred).

Then evaluate the photographic eye beyond the camera.