Canon FD lenses

Sluw

Any recommendations for other adapter brands?

As to the adapter questions, the single best adapter I can recommend for Canon FD mount is one I found on the auction site that is made in Poland. It is a unique 1 piece design that doesn't need the sliding ring that most FD adapters require to activate the aperture pin on FD lenses. You can view a video of its operation here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvB8n5wFPg

This is far superior to any FD adapter I have used. Every other one I have ever had has gotten loose and jiggly over time. This adapter solves that problem and it has the added benefit of being made in Poland to very high tolerances. In this modern "Made in China" world this is very refreshing. The maker/seller of the item on the auction site is ciecio7 and I can heartily recommend this adapter. The price isn't to bad and while it does take a while to get here it is well worth it.

I am owning this adapter too after reading this in http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/325-old-lenses-for-dummies/. It's a really good one and I'm happy with it. The Ebay seller ships worldwide: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-FD-FL-to-Fuji-Fujifilm-x-pro1-X-E2-X-T1-camera-x-mount-ciecio7-adapter-/251250771895?hash=item3a7fb687b7:g:i8IAAOxyoA1RUGKv

But maybe it's a lens problem so you have to be sure about it. My FD 50/1.4 SSC works really well.

Edited by KwyjiboVanDeKamp

Hello,

I was just wondering what FD-FX adapters people have had the most success with?

Specifically for the FD 50mm 1.4 SSC on the Fuji XE-1?

I currently have a Kipon adapter and it cannot focus at infinity with the FD 50mm. It is fine for anything up to around 5- 10 meters, but after that it is terrible.

I am not sure if it is a fault with the lens, the adapter or the optical set up with the flange difference created by the adapter.

Many thanks in advance for any help or info anyone has.

So, apparently I need an adapter that is 24.3mm (mount to mount). Any longer than that and it wont focus at infinity.

The Kipon adapter I currently have looks to be slightly longer (28-29mm), and so this might account for the inability to focus the FD 50mm at infinity on the XE-1.

Do you know the length of the adapter that you recommended in the above post?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

So, apparently I need an adapter that is 24.3mm (mount to mount). Any longer than that and it wont focus at infinity.

The Kipon adapter I currently have looks to be slightly longer (28-29mm), and so this might account for the inability to focus the FD 50mm at infinity on the XE-1.

Don't think that this is the root of all evil. But have a look:

med_gallery_755_21_1193069.jpg

Edited by KwyjiboVanDeKamp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any ideas which adapter is "better"?

Fotodiox, Fotasy, Metabones, Novoflex? The last 2 selling for $99 and a whopping $169!

Any feedback is appreciated.

I own nFD 50/1.8 and 28/2.8 and use them with with this adapter:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I haven't tried any of the more expensive adapters so I can't make a direct comparison, but the quality and fit is just as good as, if not better than, the Fotodiox and Fotasy adpapters I own for my m42 and om lenses.

Edited by plaidshirts

• 1 year later...

I use focus peaking when in manual focus mode and it works beautifully with my Canon FD and my Nikon lenses and adapters. I also use my Canon screw mount lenses from my rangefinders. All are great lenses and I have put my Nikon DSLRs down and been going this route, since I have more flavors, tools, or lens palettes at my finger tips. I wish Canon and Nikon can put focus peaking onto there cameras. I have an X-E1 Fuji right now and I am considering getting a X-T2 and my Nikon DSLRs will get sold off. The Fujifilm cameras seem to work with my huge lens collection and I can carry my film Canons around and not worry about carrying too much equipment.

• 2 weeks later...