Flashing Display - Lens Error

My X-T1 has just gone back to Fuji a second time for the same problem. When I turn on the camera, the rear lcd display begins flashing (alternating between black and whatever the camera is pointed at every second.) Check out this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/ZEe0O8eWQCk. All camera functions (other than on/off) are frozen when this happens.

When I sent it (along with my lenses) to Fuji in December, they were able to replicate the problem only once, and never again. They finally shipped it back to me 6 weeks later, having basically only upgraded the firmware. Camera was fine for about 50-60 shots, then the problem returned. The problem appears NOT to be lens related, since the problem occurs with both my Fuji lenses, as well as a random Fuji lens supplied by the retail salesperson. Someone suggested it could be the Auto Focus motor; I've also heard about a problem with the ribbon that connects the lens to the body, but I know nothing about that.

Anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix? Thanks

• 7 months later...

This just happened to me with a three week old XT1. After reading the above posts, I removed the lens and carefully cleaned the lens and camera contacts and pins with a pencil eraser tipping the camera face down so no debris would drop on the sensor. Put the lens back on and the camera is now fine. So this seems to be related to the lens-camera connection.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my Fujifilm X-T10 and was very disappointed to find out, after booking time with Fujifilm in Osaka, waiting a week and traveling one hour to the place, to hear that they stopped fixing this model and there's nothing they can do about my camera that is less than 5 years old. It's appalling how they can think that a digital camera is disposable and we should just buy a new one. I am really disappointed.

• 9 months later...

damned i also have this problem. i tried everything, cleaning, reset, changing of batteries, lenses... in the store they say , the cost for repair at fuji starts from 200euro, and if it is too much, and you dont want to pay that , you need to pay an 75euro inspection fee anyway!

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:09 PM, Learningful said:

My X-T1 has just gone back to Fuji a second time for the same problem. When I turn on the camera, the rear lcd display begins flashing (alternating between black and whatever the camera is pointed at every second.) Check out this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/ZEe0O8eWQCk. All camera functions (other than on/off) are frozen when this happens.

When I sent it (along with my lenses) to Fuji in December, they were able to replicate the problem only once, and never again. They finally shipped it back to me 6 weeks later, having basically only upgraded the firmware. Camera was fine for about 50-60 shots, then the problem returned. The problem appears NOT to be lens related, since the problem occurs with both my Fuji lenses, as well as a random Fuji lens supplied by the retail salesperson. Someone suggested it could be the Auto Focus motor; I've also heard about a problem with the ribbon that connects the lens to the body, but I know nothing about that.

Anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix? Thanks

I suspect it's either a Power supply regulator overcurrent fault or a regulator capacitor fault, I have just bought a faulty XT-10 which fault symptoms are similar, Won't fire the manual shutter, ES is good, and won't power the AF motors on AF lenses, but operates manual focus lenses.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2019 at 11:36 AM, Jaykywd said:

Same thing is happening to me-- i've cleaned the contact pins, etc. Happens with two different lenses.  

Oh thank you, that fixed it for me too, instantly, and it makes sense as the most recent thing I was doing was switching lenses, when this is something I don't do very much.  Wanted to thank you for the post as I thought my camera was damaged when it was just an electrical thing.