(Lack of) Speed of working with RAF Files in Lightroom CC

No tests as such but I have recently bought Alien Software's Exposure X3 and then I have got it to display and allow me to edit several folders with 350-500 images in each, RAF and DNG images from Fuji and Leica. The images load up quickly and editing is no issue speedwise. I ignored the old Lightroom backup and therefore all Lightroom adjustments.

That's as close as a test that I have gotten so far in my first week or two of using Exposure X3. Pictorial handles the import even faster, but does not have such vast array of tools for post-editing. It is good for images that need not much detailed work in post.

Hmm, Alien Skin Software's Exposure X3, Mac or Widows versions, about $199.00, free demo download.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2017 at 7:29 PM, RadBadTad said:

Wondering if anyone has any better tips for speeding up Lightroom when working with RAF files, or if anyone has tried the Smart Preview method described above to tell me whether it provides any advantages?

I had a similar issue with Lightroom import. My old computer could not perform this task. Perhaps these tips can help you - link