This Lightroom Plug-in Reads Fujifilm’s Film Simulation from your RAW file and Automatically Applies Corresponding Profile in Lightroom

So does just plain old lightroom.  I have all the X-T1, and X-T2 film simulations in LR -- I use these as presets when I upload my images into LR, together with copyright notice, filename change, keywords, etc.

Lightroom has film simulations, yes, but it doesn't apply the ones you used automatically. You have to remember which one you used and apply it yourself. This plugin takes the guessing out of it. When you run the plugin it reads the metadata and applies the film simulation you used when the photo was taken. For some people that may not matter, but for those who switch film simulations this is a huge help. In my opinion, it's something Adobe should have integrated a long time ago like they do with Canon and Nikon.

In addition, the developer is working on adding the ability to have the plugin read and apply the star ratings. He mentioned on his website that his developer version has that feature so it's only a matter of time before he adds it to the version available for download. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lightroom has film simulations, yes, but it doesn't apply the ones you used automatically. You have to remember which one you used and apply it yourself. This plugin takes the guessing out of it. When you run the plugin it reads the metadata and applies the film simulation you used when the photo was taken. For some people that may not matter, but for those who switch film simulations this is a huge help. In my opinion, it's something Adobe should have integrated a long time ago like they do with Canon and Nikon.

In addition, the developer is working on adding the ability to have the plugin read and apply the star ratings. He mentioned on his website that his developer version has that feature so it's only a matter of time before he adds it to the version available for download. 

Tru 'dat brother.  But I shoot jpeg + raw.  99% of the time, I'm in Provia, the other 1% in Acros so to me I import it all as the most prevalent simulation I used for that shoot, then change at will during either the culling process, or when I go into edit.

And I don't waste time, or batteries screwing around with the back of the camera.  Heck, I even have preview image turned off...  So for me, and only me, this plugin would be a waste.  I don't edit, delete, or assign any ratings in camera.  Period.  "Nobody got time for dat"   LOL  I do chimp when I want to be sure I nailed the image, but again, my preview is turned off.

And I don't waste time, or batteries screwing around with the back of the camera.  Heck, I even have preview image turned off...  So for me, and only me, this plugin would be a waste.  I don't edit, delete, or assign any ratings in camera.  Period.  "Nobody got time for dat"   LOL  I do chimp when I want to be sure I nailed the image, but again, my preview is turned off.

I completely understand that. I used to use the Canon rating system all the time in order to save time. If a client needs a specific image or a group of images immediately following a shoot (which happens a lot with commercial jobs), I use the star ratings to mark them so I can pull them up quickly when I get to my computer. 

Not everybody needs this feature but certain ex-dslr shooters who got used to using it in their workflow, like I did, will appreciate having it again. I really wish it worked with JPEG images also!