X-T1 Manual Focus Check Not Working

I recently upgraded to the X-T1 from a X-A2. On the X-A2 it had a feature where in manual focus the lcd would auto zoom in on the subject when the focus ring was turned.

I can't remember if this feature was on the X-T1 when I first started using it but I have started using a Samyang lens and cannot seem to get it to work.

I have S/C/M dial set to M then menu>set up 1>screen setup>focus check (on) but when I turn the focus ring the lcd does not auto magnify.

I have tried it on the Samyang 12mm as well as my Fujifilm 10-24mm and it doesn't work on either. The Focus Assist button works fine just not the Focus Check option when moving the focus ring.

The camera is also on the latest firmware v5.10

Can anyone shed any light....I have seen this option work on the X-T1 on youtube but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

1. This won't work with non native lenses. Just checked. It works fine with my Fuji lenses but as soon as I put a non native lens on it does not work. A good workaround that I use instead is to shoot with my thumb on the focus assist button. This works better because you can go back and forth between zoomed and normal view when you want. If you hold the focus assist button you can also change the function and activate split screen or focus peaking. Not sure why this is not working on your native Fuji lens though? Fuji is notorious for some settings canceling out other settings. Hard to say which could be the culprit though?