22 replies to this topic

#21 ron777

ron777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I am a GFX 50s owner/user and, so far, have not had that problem with my 63mm lens.  However, yesterday, I received a brand new X-H1 with a 16-55mm F2.8 lens and, just within a few hours of use, the message appeared more times than I could count.  Tech support has indicated that either the camera body or the lens is defective, but given the numerous accounts generated by users of different X series cameras, it's beginning to sound more like a series-wide issue.  IMO, whether this represents an inherent design flaw involving the lenses, firmware, or some common aspect of the camera bodies, remains to be determined.  But my GFX is a keeper ... the X-H1 is being returned.

• Him likes this

#22 Him

Him

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:49 AM

Touching wood, I can truthfully say my kept GFX is remaining, I have had no issues with it thus far. Same with my 100F, no issues.

I did have the X-T2, no issues either. However the more I used it the more I found it not to my liking. When I picked up the X-H1 I new why, the grip and weight of this new camera is superior. The X-T2 and lenses are now gone leaving GFX and 100F. Don't get me wrong the X-T2 - nought wrong with it, just not 'my' camera. I am strangely more comfortable with the GFX/100F combination - they just feel great.

Stephen

#23 Him

Him

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

But only with 63 mm is the problem?or with other lens too?

Only with the 63mm. Haven't had this issue with the 110, 45, or the zoom lens.

Stephen