anyone upgraded from an X-T1 to an X-T20?

I'm considering upgrading my trusty X-T1, and I'm strongly considering the X-T20 over the X-T2 due to the cost savings.

I'm not going to miss the better video, as I don't shoot video. I don't think I'm going to miss the weather sealing. 

I am a little concerned about the smaller EVF. 

Anybody else made this move? thoughts?

thanks!

I went from the X-T1 to the X-t20 and do not regret it, yes the viewfinder is smaller but is still very usable and on par with other mirrorless cameras.  I did find the camera to be a bit small though so I fitted the MHG-XT10 hand grip to it and it handles so much better, but thats just me, you may find it to be fine as it is. 

Bang for buck it is a awesome camera for the money.

Edited by mallyph

I didn’t “ upgrade” to a X-T20 on the grounds that I don’t need any of the improvements offered by this camera.

Nevertheless, please accept my thoughts, doubts and considerations as a constructive contribution to your choice.

Of course you may think that these  new features are essentials that you cannot miss, but my question to you is:

Are you sure that you don’t want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading? What is that you will be able to do then, when you have the new camera that you cannot do now?

Would it be so bad to wait for the X-T30? What are you going to do then? Upgrade once more?

It is not that you don’t have a superb camera now. You do. 

24Mp would make you print lager prints, but did you ever reach the limits? It might help by giving you more cropping possibility ( assuming that you’ve ever reached those limits) but don’t you think that paying more attention to shoot “ in format” rather than cropping afterwards would be a better way to use any camera?

Personally I would not upgrade from a X-T1 to a X-T20 because of ergonomics. I would rather wait to see if there's a successor to the X-E2s in the pipeline.

I would miss the larger EVF of the X-T1, and each time I handled a X-T10 it felt uncomfortably cramped in my hands. I don't have that issue with the X-E line.

Edit: I do not plan to upgrade my X-T1 at all, but if I did, it would not be to a X-T20. I would replace it by a X-Pro2 or X-E3.

Edited by johant

I go back and forth between the X-T2 and X-Pro2. There is a difference in the EVF size, but I find the X-Pro2 perfectly usable. The X-T1 & X-T2 do spoil you, but I don't think you will notice much difference after a short while. I upgraded from the X-T1 to the X-Pro2 and didn't miss the EVF. The only other things you may consider is the ISO dial and the physical size.

thanks folks! I think I'll hang tight at the moment until supply improves and sale prices kick in, but I must admit the X-T20 seems pretty compelling. I've got the 27mm pancake, and that would be such a small, light combo

I am worried about the ergonomics though. My X-T1 already feels a little small in my hands...