X-T2 squeaking sound from sensor cleaning

ErikN

So, I have had my X-T2 for about 2 weeks now, and in the last two days I noticed a squeaking sound sometimes when turning it off. I sounds like a bird moved in to the camera body, and it can easily be heard from a meter away in a quiet room. Right now it happens every time. I can say for sure that it wasn't there from the beginning.

I removed the stabilized lens and it still made the sound, so I went in to the menu and run sensor cleaning manually from there, and it again made the sound, although at a slower rate.

It's two squeaks, within a second when turning off the camera, and if done through the menu it's about a twice as long pause between the squeaks. (This tells me that it probably runs the cleaning for a bit longer when done manually through the menu)

Have anyone else run into this? I guess I need to contact Fujifilm but I wanted to see if it's a common thing first. It's actually quite annoying and could even be an issue in a quiet space where electronic shutter would otherwise allow for camera use.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it sure is a challenge to put something this complex together from drawing board to finished product. Low tolerances both in mechanics and electronics. It has to work reliably in all kinds of environments with spot on accuracy.

I find it amazing that it's possible to make large quantities of these things and most of them work just as intended. A few are bound to fail, and mine did. Oh well. It works now.

• 1 year later...