90mm f2 with extension tube for macro???

GreenGuy33

I have the 90mm and 2 of the 11mm and 1 of the 16mm extension tubes. The 90mm works really well with them. The only issue with using extension tubes over macro lenses is that you lose focus range. If you're staying at a set distance this won't matter, but if youre walking through nature taking photos at various distances, it can get a little tiring removing and/or adding the tubes. I also hear the 55-200mm works really well with the extension tubes, but I have not tried it yet.

True. I wasn't thinking about that part. I don't usually walk around going back and forth from Macro to regular shots. I use them for one specific purpose only, pictures of the rings at a wedding. After that I take them back off. For my purpose they work perfect. 

• 4 weeks later...

[PDF] Magnification of the macro extension tube

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/pdf/mcex_01.pdf

The longer the lens the less magnification you get. Actually the 27mm works very well with the fuji 11 tube. Mag and working distance come into play as well. I don't own the 90mm, though

Edited by r_kt

• 1 month later...