A rant about rants

OleDK

I have been to these forums before, but I have been away for quite some time now. Not because I don't have Fuji cameras and not because I don't appreciate the amount of knowledge gathered here. But because I was tired of the tone in discussions and of the rants.

I am back now. But it seems as if everything is unchanged.

People rant about alleged design errors. People rant about design choices. People rant about things that turn out to be misunderstandings on their part. People rant about things that are ignorance about or misunderstandings of fundamental photographic technique. People rant about production errors in their cameras. People rant about production errors in other peoples' cameras, despite not having bought their own camera yet. People rant about production backlog and delivery times.

What kind of forum do you people really want? Please, everyone, stop ranting.

It's probably because this forum is very much focused on (missing) camera features, being associated with a rumor site.

There are other forums where the mood is a lot lighter, and where there are also more photos shown (TBH I mainly display them elsewhere too).

I think for this forum to be less "ranting", it should break the association with said rumor site, and maybe become moderated in a different way.

Side notes:

If you complain about something not working please have the courtesy to post the solution if and when you discover it, or what you did to get it resolved.

If it was operator error, please post it as such, admit you mistake, and stop blaming Fuji.

Please don't tell us you have white bars, squiggly lines, autofocus failure, error code XXX, that has been going on since the day you bought your new "Fuji X".

Enlighten us and tell us the resolution, and for gosh sakes if it's under warranty and you really believe the camera is broken the return it for repairs.

That brings to mine the poster who insisted her camera was broken, refused to try a different lens to determine if it was the camera or then lens, and then chastised me for asking if it was resolved, and in the end never did give the forums the resolution (again indicating operator error).

Lastly to all you bleeping trolls, this is a Fuji X Forum, not a "Pentax/Sony/Nikon does it better forum".

I agree with that .... but why are you trolling in various topics then? At least, that is how your posts read to me.

So you think calling out the trollers is trolling? I am about to throw in the towel for good in this forum.

Edited by OleDK

So you think calling out the trollers is trolling?

The way you did it? Yes, in my opinion.

I do not think that calling out "oh no! the camera is unusable!" adds much to the discussion when the TS raises a valid concern (the X100F not retaining the focus distance when the camera is switched off and on in MF mode), and it was not very useful either in the other discussion where you stated the same.

Edited by johant

The way you did it? Yes, in my opinion.

I do not think that calling out "oh no! the camera is unusable!" adds much to the discussion when the TS raises a valid concern (the X100F not retaining the focus distance when the camera is switched off and on in MF mode), and it was not very useful either in the other discussion where you stated the same.

In all the threads where I called the camera unusable, that conclusion is pure logic if you accept the OPs statements. You may call it sarcastic because I do not necessarily accept the statements. But IF I did, I would have to sell my cameras.

I will quote my original post: "People rant about alleged design errors. People rant about design choices."

If people just stated "I am very sorry/angry/whatever about this design choice". But they usually state "Fujifilm are idiots because of this. An I am actually both sorry and angry about that.

Disagree, the TS stated clearly *what* his issue was, and *why* it was an issue for him. And in fact this issue *is* more than a "Fujifilm quirk", I would say. Especially because it worked correctly in the older models, and is a need when relying on the combination of MF and the OVF.

Let's start another thread and rant about this ranting! :D 

Chill out guys. It's part and parcel of any forums. Just weed out the good, the bad and the ugly.

For most parts, most people are contributing something even though others may disagree. Doesn't make one wrong or right. Just difference in opinions. The trick is perhaps not to take things too personally....it'll start to read more humorously after that. ;)

Please don't troll me. :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...