Anyone using the Samyang 100mm Macro F2.8 - Fuji X Mount

JLP

• 4 weeks later...

Have had that lens for almost a year.  It is a very sharp lens.  The Rokinon/Samyang lenses are very well built.  I bought it when Fuji dropped the longer macro and announced the 85.  I also have the Zeiss 50mm.  I find it too short for insects or moving bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Luke Blair
      I have managed to get dust underneath the glass which sits just above the sensor in my X-Pro2 and wondered if anyone else has had this problem and managed to solve it?
      I took it to Jessops for a sensor clean but when this didn’t solve hue problem, I took a closer look myself (yes, I know, I did that the wrong way round for £30!) and you can make out a tiny fibre and another speck which are clearly beneath the uppermost glass (the ‘low pass filter’?) sitting just above the filter.
      Rather annoying and, like any dirt on this part of the camera, comes out very clearly at f22 against a light background. 
      I think this was caused - ironically - with my first ever camera cleaning kit which came with a puffer. I think I must have been over enthusiastic with it and blown the dust in there. Silly me for thinking it was more tightly sealed.
      I’ve asked both Fuji UK and the Camera Repair Workshop in M Keynes for advice but if anyone on here has thoughts and advice I would really welcome that too.
      Yours, New to the Fuji-X website.
      Luke

• By HansP
      When focus stacking an object one does not always know how many frames are required.
      I thought the best solution was to tether the camera with my laptop and Capture One, take a certain number of frames, say 20, review the last frame on my laptop and if required add another 20 frames until the desired depth of field is reached. Unfortunately as i found out, after the first set of frames the camera resets the focus point to the first frame. That means the following additional sets all have the same focus starting point.
      Is there a way around it? It is quite annoying if you take 100 frames or more and notice afterwards that you need some additional ones and have to start all over again. it is a waste of time.
      Has nobody a suggestion?