X- Pro 2 Feature Request Firmware

Hello All,

I am a new Fuji user for the past 5 months. And I LOVE these cameras, I’ve recommended them to no less than 14 people in my 6 months of owning one sine I got an XT1 last summer. That said, I am officially “All In” after shooting with the sony A series previously. I love the X Pro 2 for shooting in the streets but some things vex me and while these are not a big deal I think they would add even more practicality, functionality, and most importantly - speed to the camera which could really take it to next level in terms of speed and accuracy for still images. Here are a few suggestions/requests I would like to make to Fuji engineers since I hear that they listen, but have no idea where to make the requests. So I will do it here with the hopes that someone will guide me or someone at Fuji will see this. I plan on using this Camera for the next 3-5 years with any luck so hopefully they listen. 

* Expansion of function buttons. 

A. The front and rear control wheels currently have no functionality while shooting or until the joystick is pressed to control the focus area.  I would ask that  an update be made so that they can be programmed/used for other tasks such as changing the ISO or Shutter speed on the fly

* Add  “press” functionality for the front and rear control wheels

* Add ISO control via the via the rear wheel

this could be implemented in a few ways but i am thinking an override in the menu where either H or L  on the ISO then becomes the override for scrolling through ISO stops (maybe even add iso 100) via software

* Allow movie/video recording to be initiated 

* Lastly allow the AF-L and AE-L buttons to be assigned to any function.

Thanks!

What kind of functionality are you looking for?

Not to sound coy but if you look through the manual you'll find answers to nearly all of your suggestions.

Pages 5 and 6 describe the available "Press" and other functionality to the front and rear control dials.

Movie/video recording, by default, is the Fn1 button next to the shutter.