Capture One Opens Your Fujifilm GFX Files with This Hack!

Capture One Opens Your Fujifilm GFX Files with This Hack!

1. Use Adobe DNG convert to batch convert RAF to DNG (no compression)
  2. Use something like Exif Editor to change camera name to “IQ250” (batch mode too)
  3. Open the files in C1, and you’re done!

News on FujiRumors: http://www.fujirumors.com/capture-one-opens-fujifilm-gfx-files-hack/

Tested and it works. I am just wondering if the color rendition of the IQ250 and the Fuji GFX50s are so close that the colors are matching. I made the experience that the C1 DNGs of the GFX are much more saturated and with higher contrast. As this is a usual behavior if comparing C1 with Lightroom, I wonder how much the difference really is.

If someone is interested I could do a GFX Profile for C1 with basiccolor Input, but I have to check with basiccolor first if I am allowed to distribute it.

So would somebody be interested?

• 2 months later...

Tested and it works. I am just wondering if the color rendition of the IQ250 and the Fuji GFX50s are so close that the colors are matching. I made the experience that the C1 DNGs of the GFX are much more saturated and with higher contrast. As this is a usual behavior if comparing C1 with Lightroom, I wonder how much the difference really is.

If someone is interested I could do a GFX Profile for C1 with basiccolor Input, but I have to check with basiccolor first if I am allowed to distribute it.

So would somebody be interested?

Hi

I am am a new GFX user/owner and would certainly appreciate a C1 profile for the GFX 50s, as I assume would others.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, Picktorial does not offer the same functionality as Capture One.  As illustrated by the absence of layers.

Yes I forgot to mention that. I was being a bit cheeky I suppose. I use both Picktorial for images which need not a lot of editing, the rest with Capture One. The hack above is excellent.

I guess one could say Picktorial is for non-professional use, whether I am being fair to it there I don't know.

Also there is Exposure X3 and that has layers and seems to me to be very good.

Edited by Him