when will the X100F hit the retail supply chain?

Just got this reply from Fuji in Japan:

富士フイルムのお問合せ窓口に、お問合せをいただき、

誠にありがとうございます。

お客様からのお問い合わせを受信いたしました。

担当者から改めてご連絡をいたしますが、

お問い合わせ内容や夏季休暇および年末年始休業などの弊社都合により、

恐縮ながら、返信にお時間をいただく場合がございます。

また、弊社にてお答えできない場合や、返信を差しあげることができない場合も

ございますので、何とぞご了承いただきますようお願い申しあげます。

なお、本メールにお心当りのない場合には、お手数ですが、本メールの返信にて

ご連絡いただきますようお願いいたします。

*本メールの件名[受付番号:170317-000005]がお客様の受付番号でございます。

返信される場合はメールの件名を変更されませんようお願いいたします。

受付番号 170317-000005

受付日: 20170317 00:29

[---001:001431:56133---]

;)  :D perhaps a translation will help ( no, I don’t speak Japanese, But Google does and I didn’t even try to fix the language...)

We received your inquiries from our customers.

We will contact you again from the person in charge,

Depending on our circumstances such as inquiry contents and summer holidays and year-end and New Year holidays,
I am afraid that time may be spent on replying.

Also, in cases where we can not answer or we can not give you a reply
We appreciate your understanding as we have it.

If you do not feel this email, sorry to trouble you, but by replying to this email
Please contact us.

* Subject of this e-mail [Reception number: 170317-000005] is your customer's receipt number.
  When replying, please do not change the subject line of the mail.

Receipt number 170317-000005

Reception date: March 17, 2017 00:29

;)  :D perhaps a translation will help ( no, I don’t speak Japanese, But Google does and I didn’t even try to fix the language...)

We received your inquiries from our customers.

We will contact you again from the person in charge,

Depending on our circumstances such as inquiry contents and summer holidays and year-end and New Year holidays,
I am afraid that time may be spent on replying.

Also, in cases where we can not answer or we can not give you a reply
We appreciate your understanding as we have it.

If you do not feel this email, sorry to trouble you, but by replying to this email
Please contact us.

* Subject of this e-mail [Reception number: 170317-000005] is your customer's receipt number.
  When replying, please do not change the subject line of the mail.

Receipt number 170317-000005

Reception date: March 17, 2017 00:29

lost your sense of humor somewhere?

I don’t understand  :huh: , I was just trying to help you.

You got an email in Japanese ( not very wise of Fuji) and I helped you ( and everyone else) with a translation with Google Translate.

What’s wrong with that?

Edited by milandro

The X100f is for sale all over Asia.  I bought mine in Hong Kong a few days ago.  I went to 4 camera shops and they all had many of them.  Yesterday I was in Bangkok at a mall, and as I walked around a corner, there was a huge Fujifilm booth.  They were having a Photo Fest with lots of brands.  I had my X100f with me and it was wonderful to see all the cameras out.  I wanted to do a sales pitch to the people looking at them. 

Considering where I bought it, I thought it was a bit odd that the manual is in English.  It has a worldwide warranty, but I've had no problems with Fuji so I'm not worried.

BTW, the camera is divine.  It has all the things I like so much with the X-T2. 

I guess the demand for the camera is so high in the US that they are waiting until they can ship all of them. 

Rand's Camera in N.J has them in stock. I snagged one today through Amazon.

My camera came today. It was dead in the water -- no image displayed on LCD or in viewfinder. Confirmed camera is defective with Fuji support. Back it goes...

The way I understood this, they are saying that they were unable to comment on the query and were asking the person in charge, this person would contact OP at a later date and that it might take some time to reply due to holidays.

I have some extensive trading experience with China ( I’ve also imported wooden view cameras from China many years ago!), Korea and Japan, normally they answer in some sort of English ( which often comes from an automatic translator anyway) and it requires some interpretation.

I remember years ago when I bought a Wista 4” x5" ( made in Japan) view-camera it required my whole knowledge of this type of camera and a lot of imagination to make any sense of the translated “ instructions” which I can guarantee wouldn’t have been understood by a novice.

Edited by milandro

• 2 weeks later...