X-pro 2 eye relief size?

I get conflicting info online. I am trying to figure out whether the hole for the EVF/OVF is bigger on the xpro2 vs xpro1. Some say 16mm vs 14mm. Which is it?

Also, some claim the magnification is larger on the xpro2 vs xpro1, and then some spec lists claim that it is actually smaller. Which is it?

My only local camera store closed last year so I have no way of finding out for my self unless I order online.

Thanks.

16mm is the eye relief distance not size.

Whether it's 14mm or 16mm, it just means that your eye should be at that fixed distance away from the vf to be able to see the full vf. It only matters if you wear spectacle.

Edited by Aswald

Ahh, now I get it. Thanks. So it has nothing to do with the size of the hole you look through.

Can anyone who owns or have had both cameras tell me whether the hole you look through is bigger or smaller on the xpro2? On pictures with the cameras side by side it actually looks smaller. I hope not.

Edited by petergabriel

Top : Pro2

Bottom : Pro1

Honestly, in real day to day use, there is virtually no difference.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Awesome. Thanks. Helps a lot. Seems like the hole is actually smaller on the x pro 2. Weird. If you say there is no real issues in real life use, that sounds great.

I see you have the same issue as me with the rubber being a dirt, dust magnet :-) Really difficult to clean. 

Normally it's cleaner. I yanked both cameras out of my bag to take this snapshot to be uploaded. I was in the middle of a week long assignment.

I use a lint free or lens cloth lightly damped with some warm water and they're good. Otherwise the occasional light air vacuum/soft paint brush keeps it clean enough. Try not to rub too much as that'll only make things worse.