X-T20 light leaking onto evf

miguel

I love my new X-T20 but it is useless outside in any lighting other than dull.

The image in the evf is hardly visible to even frame, never mind focus, especially with wider angle lenses.

Put the old black cloth over your head if you remember your 5x4 days and its great.

Does anyone have any ideas for a very efficient eyecup, be it home made whatever, as long as it works

I am currently on holiday in the sun and I have resorted to a large black sombrero which works quite well, but its not tye thing I wish to be wearing all day.

Michael.

Guest mikEm13

I can't find it now but I read somewhere that the eyecups that fit the X-T!/X-T2 also fit the X-T20. A call or email to Fuji maybe to find out for sure?

Edited by mikEm13

No they don't fit on the X-T20.

Have you tried changing the brightness of the evf? The auto function is often too dark in the bright sunlight. Iam fine with changing the brightness via the q menu and maybe holding my left hand to have a better view.

I have my evf setup so the image I see in the evf is exactly the same as the Raw file when I

open it in lightroom, makes exposing and highlight and shadow management so accurate.

I did read about an adaptor that allows the Nikon DK 19 eyecup to fit, looks good but I dont know

whether it will stay put on the camera.

Anyone used this device?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I do not want to increase the brightness of the evf because it defeats the whole purpose of WYSIWYG

With the evf calibrated to lightroom the brightness and contrast, shadow and highlight detail is what I will see in the Raw file when I open it in lightroom.

Hope this helps

I tried to use polarising filter on the lenses today with the sun at 90 to the camera, what a waste of time. There was no way I could see any darkening effect on the skies, I was luvky to be abke to see an image in the evf.

I took the polariser off the lens, adjusted it by holding it in my hand, then held the filter against the front of the lens to take the shot.

Come on fuji, there has to be a better solution other than buy a second XT2 and ditch the xt20