Ratings: in-camera not imported into Lightroom!

huck222

Not surprised it doesn't "drag in" image ratings in RAF (raw).

Curious....how about in jpeg?

Note to Fuji: Hey it's nice you guys allow us to rate images "in camera", but it's value is questionable if it isn't available in post processing software like LR.

well you shouldn't be surprised, since you can rate Canon RAWs, for instance, in camera.

Today, the service emailed me, that there is no software that can read the rating. WHATT?? So its just a useless toy. You cant even filter them in-camera, so maybe to export them via WIFi to your tablet. Nothing. Unbelievable.

My dealer told me, Silkypix can read fuji stars, but i'm waiting for their answer, and i wont buy a software just for the rating. Some talk about exiftool, bit that seems to be for coders or something...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's really annoying. I used the rating system a lot when I shot with Canon but I've run into the same issue you have with Fuji. I really wish there was an easy fix for it but I couldn't find it. If that new plugin announced today fixed this issue I would certainly buy it, but it seems it's only for importing film simulations for RAW photos. That's still a big help, but I rarely shoot in RAW anyway. I'm more concerned with the ratings so I can easily and quickly pull up specific photos when I sit down to edit.

Edit: the developer for that plugin mentioned on his site that it will support the rating system soon. Not sure if it'll work for JPEG images or not but it will work for ratings on RAW images. 

Edited by RM_Photog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...