Fujifilm X Acquire not responding

MJarry

I just installed the 2017-02-28 release of Fujifilm X Acquire on both my PC and Macbook and connected my X-T2 via  USB-3 after having selected USB Auto as a PC Shoot Mode in the camera's setup menu.

Then, when clicking on the X Acquire application to launch it, nothing happens. I tried with both my PC and Mac...

Anyone knows what's wrong ?

Michel

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On my mac the Acquire software runs in the background.  If you look at the top of the menu bar, you'll see it's up there.  

on the camera go to the wrench, Connection Settings, set it to PC Connection Mode, USB Auto

Plug in a USB3 cable.  Then click up on the mac bar at the top on the X icon and specify a destination folder for your files.  You can then decide if you want to setup separate destination folder for Jpeg and Raw files.  I put them in the same folder on my desktop.

As you shoot the files will show up in whatever folder you designated, and will also be on the memory card.

Let us know how it works out.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem.  I downloaded and installed, then uninstalled and reinstalled.   Re-downloaded, unistalled and reinstalled.  Rebooted.  Etc.

I can't believe that there isn't a topic somewhere that addresses this.  This is why camera companies shouldn't be in the software business.  No support.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:57 PM, Jeff Cullman said:

I have the same problem.  I downloaded and installed, then uninstalled and reinstalled.   Re-downloaded, unistalled and reinstalled.  Rebooted.  Etc.

I can't believe that there isn't a topic somewhere that addresses this.  This is why camera companies shouldn't be in the software business.  No support.

If this is on Windows look at your task bar (probably at the bottom of the screen) and look for the X AcQuire symbol (X on a partial circle).

If not there then check the hidden icons (also on the task bar).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Fujifilm X acquire app never worked on any of my 4 different Mac's running Mojave.

(MacBook Pro retina, Macbook-air 2019, 2x Mac 5'1 with 12-core upgrade an GTX-680)

Now I tried the latest version 1.16.0.9 and expected it would finally work.....

With or without a camera connected. Nothing happens.

It's so weird I only find this topic in a few messages on this forum.

Usually I shoot a GFX-100 tethered with CaptureOne.

Edited by John-T

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, Stick said:

Found the X Aquire in my hidden icons on task bar.  I have my XT-3 connected to PC via usb cable, set to USB fixed in camera connection settings. X Aquire does not pop up like a program when you click on it. It needs a camera connected.

Same here, for Windows 10 and an X100F with PC Connection set to Backup/Restore: click on the hidden icons arrow on the taskbar, then RIGHT click on the Fuji logo to bring up the Backup and Restore options. Definitely not intuitive. 

Edited by Clay

Hi,

In my X-T4 I had to do this before X Acuire "found" my camera:

In camera Settings select:
Set Up
Connection Settings
Connection Mode
Change from USB Card Reader to USB RAW CONV./Backup Restore.
Then it worked fine to make a Backup of my X-T4 camera settings with X Acuire (from its icon in the taskbar  in lower right corner of Windows 10 that I use).
Maybe similar problem with Your X-T2 and X Acuire?
/Bo

• 3 months later...

Im looking at all this , still cant open Acquire on my mac, downloaded latest version and installed it but its saying "cannot open Fujifilm Acquire. another camera control application is running". I wanted to backup my settings before updating firmware on my XT-3 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 2:21 AM, Greybeard said:

If this is on Windows look at your task bar (probably at the bottom of the screen) and look for the X AcQuire symbol (X on a partial circle).

If not there then check the hidden icons (also on the task bar).

I ran into the same issue of not able to open the X Aquire in the hidden icon pop-up. I tried it (open up the application) a couple times and failed to make it appear in the hidden icon pop-up. Finally I resorted into the last step - reboot the PC and it worked!

The other thing was I made Connection Mode =  USB TETHER SHOOTIN FIXED instead of  making it = USB RAW CONV./Backup Restore. I made it back to USB Card Reader after I backup my settings.

• 5 months later...

It puzzled me for a while, perhaps because I'm not too observant. On my Windows PC opening X-Acquire (I click on a desktop shortcut) happens so quickly I don't see it. But a very pale greyed out icon appears in the taskbar. Once I connect and switch on the camera and wait a few seconds, the icon lights up in glorious technicolour, and a click on it gets a small menu.

Oh yes, I need to change the camera's connection mode from USB card reader to USB RAW CONV/Backup/Restore before I connect it, and change it back afterwards. (I use a cable, it's probably different for a wireless connection).

Maybe my experience will help....

• 3 months later...

I too have tried everything to connect my Fuji XT3 to my Mac. I have installed Fuji X Connect and I am using USB C . It now shows up in my photos as a device but says that there are no photos to download. I have Lightroom installed but that won’t recognise the photos on my camera either despite it showing  as a device on the side bar  Seriously frustrated with both Mac and Fuji right now and will probably resort to a memory card reader. 

10 hours ago, LisaT said:

I too have tried everything to connect my Fuji XT3 to my Mac. I have installed Fuji X Connect and I am using USB C . It now shows up in my photos as a device but says that there are no photos to download. I have Lightroom installed but that won’t recognise the photos on my camera either despite it showing  as a device on the side bar  Seriously frustrated with both Mac and Fuji right now and will probably resort to a memory card reader. 

Try this:

Make sure the PC Connection setting is set to USB Card Reader in your camera's menu settings. Connect your camera to your computer and turn it on. In the computer's Applications folder there is a program called Image Capture, start it going. The left side should have a menu called Devices, your X-T3 should be there, choose it. You should be able to see the photos (both raf and jpg) that are on the camera's cards. You can set a folder in Image Capture to use as a download folder or just use the default and then copy the images to your computer.

Lightroom has had problems in the past with downloading images from cameras, this was supposed to be resolved in the latest versions, but maybe not all of the issues are fixed.

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, jlmphotos said:

On my mac the Acquire software runs in the background.  If you look at the top of the menu bar, you'll see it's up there.  

on the camera go to the wrench, Connection Settings, set it to PC Connection Mode, USB Auto

Plug in a USB3 cable.  Then click up on the mac bar at the top on the X icon and specify a destination folder for your files.  You can then decide if you want to setup separate destination folder for Jpeg and Raw files.  I put them in the same folder on my desktop.

As you shoot the files will show up in whatever folder you designated, and will also be on the memory card.

Let us know how it works out.

Thank you so much for this. I was having the same problem and simply couldn't work out why! Never thought of looking at the top menu bar!! And yes it works.