To clarify, it only ruins Autofocus mode in Aperture Priority mode, which is crucial for on-the-street shots where speed is paramount. The first shot I take is quick. The second shot (or any recomps if you release a half-press then want it back) is too slow to use. It's actually not the flickering ruins it, it's the forced delay. It's mostly a problem because the full auto mode *loves* F2.0, which just doesn't cut it in daylight street shooting, which is when I really need fast reaction times.

Does it make it unusable in the most literal sense? No, because obviously pictures can be taken. Does it make it unusable in that there's a very specific, highly needed use-case where this issue makes me unable to use it? Yes.

And I'm fine with being first to test and find weaknesses for this camera, My posting here isn't to complain as much as to hope that Fuji actually reads these forums. If there is a technical need for this behavior, that's great. If not, and it's just an oversight, hopefully they fix it. What's most frustrating is people asserting that this is a solution somehow to the previous aperture chatter, which it isn't. Or that I should refrain from commenting on these issues because I chose to buy the camera early and so should keep my mouth shut about things Fuji should improve.

Sorry, I don't get the point and give up... the autofocus works exceptionally well in Aperture Priority and is lightning fast in addition, at least with my copy of the X100F... doesn't matter if it's the first or the fifth picture. I don't recognize any significant delay at all... And I don't understand the point you mentioned with the "full auto mode". I thought we are talking about Aperture Priority... 

As per the OP comment, the slow movement of aperture blades when the lens is stopped down also happens on my XT2 but it depends on the lens I have mounted.  I don't stop down too often due to the type of shooting I do, so I haven't noticed it much.  But I did report it to Fuji support when I first got my XT2 because I thought something was wrong.  On my XT2, when the aperture blades are moving through slow steps back to wide open my LCD flickers a little.  That is why I opened the support ticket.  But from what I've learned, it is normal.  Seems odd to me, but it is the way it is.

Sorry, I don't get the point and give up... the autofocus works exceptionally well in Aperture Priority and is lightning fast in addition, at least with my copy of the X100F... doesn't matter if it's the first or the fifth picture. I don't recognize any significant delay at all... And I don't understand the point you mentioned with the "full auto mode". I thought we are talking about Aperture Priority... 

Well that's interesting if it's not getting the delay for you.

I agree that the AF is super lightning fast on the first shot, but the subsequent shots are very, very slow. My point about full auto mode (as well as MF back-button focus mode) is that all shots are very fast, and I'd really like to have that brought to this specific mode. I think perhaps the fact that AF is sooo fast is the reason why it's suddenly disconcerting that this part is so slow.

Well that's interesting if it's not getting the delay for you.

I agree that the AF is super lightning fast on the first shot, but the subsequent shots are very, very slow. My point about full auto mode (as well as MF back-button focus mode) is that all shots are very fast, and I'd really like to have that brought to this specific mode. I think perhaps the fact that AF is sooo fast is the reason why it's suddenly disconcerting that this part is so slow.

I don't see any noticeable delay for the subsequent shots in AF mode... neither in Aperture Priority - regardless which aperture I've chosen - nor in Program Mode... the only very short "delay' I notice is due to the autofocus, but it's lightning fast for all the shots as I already said... I could shoot the camera without any interruption, even if I don't know why I should shoot like this... but I've tried to do it and it works perfectly ;-)